Highlighted
Kelly Taylor
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Soundbar lag time

New soundbar and the lag time is horrible.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Soundbar lag time

Hey Kelly Taylor, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you are experiencing some latency issues with your Soundbar, I would love to assist you further with this. 

So that I can accurately help you with your issue can you please answer the following questions: 

• Which Soundbar do you have? 
  • What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? 
  • Does this happen across all sources? 
  • How are you connected to the Soundbar? (Aux, optical, HDMI, Bluetooth) 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answers to the questions above. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Kelly Taylor
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

The soundbar is a new 700. I have tried bluetooth, hdmi, optical cable. It typically is when I am connected to the direct TV, 

Hey Kelly Taylor, 

Thank you for posting and answering the questions that I asked. So that I can understand your issue a little further can you please explain what lag you are experiencing? 

For example is the lag between the audio and the source or is the lag with something else? Let's try and perform a standard reset on the system for now to see if this helps with the general lag, you can perform the system reset by following the steps below: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I look forward to hearing back from you and if any other users have had a similar experience please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Kelly Taylor
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

I think I have either fixed this or resolved most of the problem. Props to the video store I purchased the system from. Here was a suggestion I got and it helped.

Get the fastest hdmi cable I could get to attach my directtv to my TV (Samsung with an all in one connect), 21gps, went with an optical cable to attach the TV to the soundbar. 

Huge difference! It's all about the speed of these connections. 

My next step is upgrading the optical cable as well. I will let you know if that helps even more.

You don't have to pay crazy money for these upgrades, spending about $10.00 each.