Highlighted
Jaye
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Soundbar universal remote unable to connect to Humax PVR

I am unable to connect my soundbar universal remote to my Humax PVR (HMS-1000T). 

I  have attempted to set up the remote choosing ‘HUMAX’ from the ‘Cable/Satellite Box’ menu of the Bose Music iOS app but after repeatedly choosing the ‘No, Try Again’ button I enter the model number ‘HMS-1000T’ which says it’s connected but to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaye

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundbar universal remote unable to connect to Humax PVR

Hi Jaye,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting the universal remote to your Humax.

What we do need to bear in mind with the universal remote for the soundbar 700 and soundbar 500 is that the IR signal to control your Humax will not be sent directly from the remote. How it works is the remote sends a signal to the soundbar, the soundbar will then create an IR signal which controls your other devices. 

What this means is, that to control other devices we do need a direct line of sight from the IR emitter on the soundbar (which is on the left-hand side) to the IR receiver on the Humax. Otherwise, the cable box will not be able to see the signal the soundbar is sending to it. 

If you are unable to get a direct line of sight from the soundbar to your other devices, it would be worth contacting your local support team as we may be able to organize some IR emitters, depending on your region, that connect to your soundbar and allows you to effectively guarantee line of sight to your other device by using extra emitter locations. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards,

Keith L - Community Support