SoundsBar 700

SOLVED
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

SoundsBar 700

Hi, 

I just bought soundsbar 700 last week.

Question: The bose apps always show no history of playing. I rang and they told me that it will only show history if i played from Amazon music unlimited. 

It wont show any history from tv or any airplay from itunes.

So I did play a song from amazon music unlimted through the bar. And I open the apps, it still shows no history of playing any songs.

Is there something wrong with the soundsbar or the apps? 

Thanks for helping everyone.

kind regards,

Emilia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Emilia

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundsBar 700

Hello Emilia,

No problem, I hope that works! 

Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

9 REPLIES 9

Hello Emilia,

Thanks for getting in touch and posting in the community. You should see recently played media from the Bose Music app, when you are on the home page just scroll down to the heading under Presets, you should see your Recently Played list. I have just tested this myself and had success, are you not seeing this? If not, what are you seeing? Can you provide screenshots?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Zoe, 

Thank you for replying. 

No, I don’t see recently play. 

Here, I did the screen shot of my apps 

D7A1F13E-76A1-4B97-B855-FF1D2ED3C028.jpeg

D403DA35-3C4F-4390-AB9D-67B1230E6375.png

And when I go to amazon Tap, it looks like the pic above always too. 

What should I do ? 

Now, during set up, last week, u know when the apps said there’s an upgrade for the soundsbar and it will take around 25 mins. It took way longer than that. I notice the light on the bar, right to left, then left to right. 

After some times, the lights all gone. 

However the apps still keep saying still upgrading, u know doing the ⭕️ icon circle2, so I left it. 

I then accidentally closes the apps, while I was doing something on my phone. 

I quicky opened the apps back, and it popped up saying ‘the soundsbar is connected’ 

Do you think that is the caused? 

Not connected properly to the apps ? 

Thank you so much for helping 

Emilia

Hello Emilia,

Thanks for getting back to me, that is very strange indeed and not as I would expect it to be. There is a possibility that perhaps the update did not fully go through or in part perhaps, just to rule this out there is an option to update the speaker manually via USB. This will hopefully solve the issue, I would also recommend that once you have updated the Soundbar that you delete and re-download the app. 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Quiet Contributor

Thank you, Zoe . 

I will I’ll give that a go. 

I might also ring Bose support again. 

I’ll let you know how it goes. 

Thank you again 🙏

Hello Emilia,

No problem, I hope that works! 

Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Quiet Contributor

👋 Hi, 

So I rang Bose, and they tested it on their own speakers, and they told me it only shows history if I play the radio. 

So I tried that, and yes he’s right. Everything else , like Netflix, amazon Musics, Apple Musics, won’t show. 

All good. before I was just worrying something wrong with my soundsbar, that cause the apps not showing any history. 

Thanks again. 

Silent Starter

Hi There, 

I just bought a soundbar 700 about 2 months ago. It came with a universal remote control. In the beginning, the remote worked fins with all the lights lighted up. Including the colorful ones and the numbers. 

However, less lights light up now. The colorful lights and numbers stopped lighting up. On  the sources buttons, only the TV and Bluetooth light up and it stopped turning blue when i click on the sources. The colorful lights stopped lighting up and many other buttons stopped lighting up. I tried resetting the remote and it is still the same. only a few white color buttons light up now. Is there a problem with my remote?

Quiet Contributor

Hello 👋, 

Have you tried changing the battery ? 

If you have, and it still doesn’t work, ring Bose, and ask them. 

I do find sometimes to ‘wake’ or light up the remote, I have to shake them a bit or hold them in the right position ( like flat instead of diagonal angle ) in order to get it light up and working. 

Hi Iancpee, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue and would love to assist you with this! 

Please do attempt to change the battery as @Emilia has kindly suggested! I would also highly recommend that you perform a reset on the Soundbar via: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Please update us on the result of these steps! If anyone else has also experienced this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B