Highlighted
Jdigrndmstr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Soundtouch 120

Have a Soundtouch 120 system, recently moved and now the receiver will only turn on sporadically or not at all.  Tried unplugging and replacing the power cord with no effect.  Suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Soundtouch 120

Hello Jdigrndmstr,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am very sorry to hear your Control Console is no longer working within your SoundTouch 120 system. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

I would recommend that you firstly reset your devices Control Console, instruction on how to do this can be found below. 

Reset your control console by following these steps:

• Turn the system off
  • Unplug the control console from the power outlet
  • Unplug the speaker output from the control console
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the speaker output to the control console
  • Reconnect the control console power cord

Please also ensure that the power is connected correctly and to ensure that the cable going from the Soundbar to the Console is also connected securely and all the pins are in tact on this cable. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Jdigrndmstr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Appreciate the help.  Tried unplugging everything and even moved the control console to different rooms to try different outlets with the same result.

Hi there @Jdigrndmstr and thank you for getting back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't resolved your issues. At this point, I would be recommending that you reach out to Bose Support for service. 

This can be done by selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if needed.

Please reach out when you can!

Liam W

Jdigrndmstr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

The system started working but then ran into other issues.  After being on for a few minutes, the system will either stop accepting commands from the remote or the video will cut out while the audio continues.

Hello Jdigrndmstr,

Thanks for getting back in touch, that's great to hear that you have managed to get the system working. It's a shame that additional difficulties have arisen, I would recommend trying the rest that @Tegan_M suggested. Then I would also recommend checking that the connections are secured as this could be the reason that the video is cutting out intermittently but not the audio, how are you connected to the system?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C 

Jdigrndmstr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Appreciate the help. Unfortunately the problems persist despite trying all of the previous advice.  What is my next step?