daveMehl
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Soundtouch 120

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I cannot get the Bluetooth icon to come up on my Console display after pressing the remote button numerous times.  Thoughts to resolve?  The remote and receiver/controller show a flash of light so the signal is being transmitted.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Soundtouch 120

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your adapter. 

If you are not getting any lights on the adapter, it looks as though there may be an issue with it. I would recommend reaching out to your technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Hey daveMehl,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you've run into some difficulty controlling your SoundTouch 130, but I'd be happy to advise.

Firstly, does the remote only have an issue switching to the Bluetooth source, or are other sources affected also? Have you tried placing new batteries in the remote just to double-check? If the remote sensor on your product is in a very bright area (i.e. in excessive sunlight or lighting, nearby a bright TV or laptop screen, etc.), the light interference could affect the ability of your product to detect the IR light commands from your remote control. If there is excessive light on your product, try reducing it.

Also, as you say a signal seems to be sending, I'd recommend trying a console reset, to clear any minor underlying issues. To do this, unplug the console from power for two minutes.

Let me know what you find after trying these steps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
daveMehl
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

I replaced the batteries in the remote which made no difference. The controller is seeing the signal but not switching.  The remote and controller switches to all other functions/modes (TV, Aux, CBL/DVD/Game) without issues.  I unplugged the controller and waited 10 minutes.  No change in performance.  Any other thoughts?  Unit is inside a house and normal lighting.

Keith_L

Thanks for the update daveMehl!

As it is just the Bluetooth source that is affected, and the remote can control the other features of the system, it does sound like there is a problem communicating with the SoundTouch adapter as this is what handles all wireless connections to the system.

What if any lights do you see on the back of the SoundTouch adapter for your system? The Wi-Fi LED should show solid white if it is on and connected to the internet.

Try disconnecting the adapter from the back of the control console for at least one minute, then plugging it back into the console and let me know if this allows you to select the Bluetooth source.

daveMehl
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Keith:  I found out I never connected the wifi cable to the Adapter.  Which I did.  I tried many options to try and get the wifi light to come on but could not (unplug Adapter, unplug whole system, unplug whole system without Adapter plugged in).  I do have a green and yellow (blinking) light on the wifi cable connection.  The remote still will not get the Console into bluetooth mode.  Thoughts?  Do I need to go back through a "set-up" sequence?  Thanks!

Jessie_O

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your adapter. 

If you are not getting any lights on the adapter, it looks as though there may be an issue with it. I would recommend reaching out to your technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help you! 

View solution in original post