Soundtouch 130 and LG TV

Quiet Contributor

Soundtouch 130 and LG TV

The bose soundtouch 300 is connected to the hdmi arc and I've gone through the tv setup and changed it to the hdmi output and made sure the simplelink is on. I've also went on the connected devices and changed my output to a home theater system. It isn't consistently working. I have play around with it each time to get it to work. For some reason it's not compatible with the tv I feel like. When I turn it on the soundtouch reads LPCM 2.0 and won't work. After awhile of turning the tv back on and off and then changing the output volume again it will finally read Dolby Digital 5.1 and will work. How do I get it to stay on Dolby Digital 5.1?

1 REPLY
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 130 and LG TV

Hi kgaluzinskaya, 

I'm sorry that you're experiencing this issue. To clarify, do you have the SoundTouch 130 or the SoundTouch 300? Curiously, which model of LG TV do you have? Which version of software is it running? If there's an update available for the TV, can you try to update and see if that helps? Also, can you try to do a full HDMI reset? To do this, unplug both the TV and the soundbar from power for a solid minute. While they're unplugged please unplug and re-seat the HDMI cable between the two. Also, when powering everything on, can you try this order: soundbar first, peripheral devices second (cable box, DVD player, game console, etc), and finally the TV last. Please let us know if these steps help or not. 

Kind Regards