Vineet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Soundtouch 300 Bluetooth Volume

The volume of my ST 300 does not synch with the Bluetooth device. While the ST300 is connected to any Bluetooth device, if I increase or decrease the volume from the ST 300 remote, it does not affect the volume of the source device. The volume goes back to the same volume as set on the source Bluetooth device as soon as the new song starts. However, if I change the volume on the source device (phone or iPad) it continues to work on the same volume as set through the source device. I started facing this problem after a certain ST 300 firmware update. I am using an iPhone X with latest software.  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Soundtouch 300 Bluetooth Volume

Hi Vineet, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, can you please confirm if you have attempted any troubleshooting so far on the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar? Also can you please let me know what streaming service you are using when attempting to connect to the system? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Vineet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

I tested on Amazon music and Gaana. It behaved differently on both. Having said that, in both the cases, the remote did not increase or decrease the volume of the sources Bluetooth device. Earlier when I changed the volume using remote, I could see it changing on the source device as well. Now if you decrease the volume from remote and then unlock the device the volume goes back up all of a sudden which is irritating sometimes.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It should not take Bose two weeks to answer this simple question.

Hello Vineet,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry that you are experiencing volume issues. We can go through some troubleshooting to try to get this resolved for you, let's start with a product reset and pushing a manual update to the Soundbar.

Reset your soundbar by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

You can find steps to manually push an update to the soundbar HERE

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Vineet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

This seems to be fixed with latest software update. I will keep you posted if I face the issue again.