OBXGuy98
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Soundtouch 300 Soundbar Won't Turn On

Close to a year ago my family got a Bose Soundtouch 300 sound bar. It worked great up until a week ago. Now it won't turn on whatsoever. The lights are completely non-existent. I have tried unplugging the unit for 60 seconds and even tried to factory reset the unit to no avail. I'm thinking there may be a short circuit within the unit itself or there may be something wrong with the power supply. After all, we did have quite a few days of severe thunderstorms as of late. I know Bose gives a one year warranty on their products but I'm not sure if mine is still covered. Is there anyway to look it up?

The serial number on the unit is: [ Removed by moderator ] 

Thanks in advance,
OBX

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 300 Soundbar Won't Turn On

Hi OBXGuy98, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community! I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Soundbar, however I would love to help you resolve this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you attempt to use a different power outlet to see if the power issue still persists. I can confirm that your system is out of warranty and you will need to reach out to our customer support team so that they can assist you further, you can reach them via the contact us page on our website for your region. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
jonsf
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Same problem here. I bought mine in Jan 2018. It was working as of yesterday (and has always been on a surge protector). Based on all the posts I've seen (including this one: https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater/SoundTouch-300-won-t-turn-on-or-restart/td-p/218492), I've tried all the steps detailed in the post to no success. 

Yes, I've tried turning it on and off, putting it on a different outlet, trying a hard reset, etc.

This is clearly a power supply issue that you guys should address for something I paid over $700 for. Please don't tell me that I need to ship it to get it repaired by you guys with a long delay and a ridiculous upfront cost. What's the deal?

Highlighted
tjcrook
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Was working fine until tonight and will now not power back on. Have tried all the tricks listed. Very disappointing. 

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If it's out of warranty, you're going to need to contact Bose and send it in for an out-of-warranty repair.  We all knew the warranty terms when we bought these.

Highlighted
Chemberlied
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Mine did the same thing.. I have two.. one is fine, the other one isn't.  I swapped all of the outlets and plugs with the one that's working and nothing! And the one that's not showing any power is still on the network.. I can go through all of the steps to set it up, but there are no lights and no sound... very very odd and very very disappointing

And this looks like a common issue... sounds like a recall to me

Highlighted

Hey @Chemberlied,

That is quite odd! But it's helpful to know you've tested two of the soundbar against each other.

The issue is certainly not common and my advice at this stage is to contact customer support for further assistance regarding what steps can be taken next. They'll be more than happy to ease your concerns and will find you a resolution. 

To get in touch with the team, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Feel free to let me know how things go for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.