gabe98
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

Soundtouch 300 & Acoustimass 300 Sound Issues V.20.0.10

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a Bose soundtouch 300 and acoustimass 300 from online. and it sounds really unbalanced

music in the soundtouch application sounds great

bluetooth audio sounds even better... which shouldnt be the case but whatever.

listening to the system with movies and playing video games, Sound effects sound loud and flat, treble sounds diminished. the volume seems to slightly lower in scenes with dialogue. and the acoustimass module seems to not really be crossed over correctly with the soundbar in upper bass frequencies. Ive done multiple factory resets and ran the AdaptIQ over and over again but its the same situation. the only thing I've used to help make the situation a little better is set the center channel volume to 10, and turn the bass all the way up.

I own the 321 GS II system and the Lifestyle 28 III system, both sound sounded more enjoyable when playing The race scene in Ready Player One. I heard this system in the Bose store, and it sounded great. but at home its a big let down. I want to know if there is absolutely anything I can do? software downgrade? maybe considering more adjustablility in the soundtouch app for subwoofer volume, bass and treble? the choice between having AdaptIQ on or off is available on the lifestyle system, as well as bass and treble control. Dont you guys think its only fair if the same amount of user flexibility is available on the soundtouch systems as well?  AdaptIQ doesnt seem to be working well, So I think having the ability to adjust the sound will medigate the issue

also, if anyone can tell me how I can downgrade the software for the time being until this issue gets resolved, I will greatly appreciate it!

- Gabe

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Soundtouch 300 & Acoustimass 300 Sound Issues V.20.0.10

Hi Gabe98, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. We no longer offer a downgrade option, this has become less and less of an industry standard. This is due to the significant level of difficulty/complexity of compatibility testing multiple devices with a large number of older firmware versions. We have seen cases where installing older versions of firmware can create unexpected behavior in a product and negatively impact or reduce functionality.

Have you attempted to place the Bass Module in a different part of the room to see if this issue still occurs? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

sbs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

My experience with soundtouch 300 + bass module 500 is quite similar. Dialogue quality for TV audio is poor.

Hello Sbs, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing the same issue.

Thanks for the information provided, in regards to your issue I would like to know:

• If you have connected the SoundTouch and the TV?
  • Have you tried connecting via Bluetooth? How does it sound?
  • Are there any other sources connected to the TV?
  • Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps yet?
  • Have you run ADAPTiQ?

@gabe98 could you tell us how you have set up the products and also how you are getting on.

Kindest regards,

Prince O- Community Support 

gabe98
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

Ive done 3 factory resets and ran AdaptIQ each time after the reset. even tried manually updating the system twice but it did nothing. I also tried factory resetting the system, and running the calibration BEFORE adding the acoustimass module, and I moved the module to the corner of the room. Nothing seems to be working but Im pretty sure this is an issue with the audio processing. for bluetooth and soundtouch it sounds so much better. for movies it sounds terrible. 

gabe98
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

I have the st300 connected through arc on my samsung tv which seems to work pretty well. I also have my xbox one s connected to the HDMI IN port which send an uncompressed 5.1 signal. (i tried swtiching through dolby digital and LPCM 5.1 and the same issues were still present. bluetooth sounds alot better, I actualy listen to movies from my macbook through bluetooth because it sounds that much better than having it play through HDMI or optical. as far as troubleshooting, yes I've DONE ALOT OF TROUBLESHOOTING.

I've researched the forum and have seen the same issues dating back to software version 15.

So,

I've come to a conclusion this isnt a signal issue, this is an issue with what ever team is responsible for tweaking the way AdaptIQ equalizes the system and how the soundbar processes audio based on music and movies. because it sounds totally different when using the bluetooth or soundtouch source! I've owned many different systems and this is by far the most restricted in terms of customizablility. everyone hears differently and for those than cant really hear low or high frequencies well, will want to turn up the treble and bass. 

from my understand this abiliity to tweak the sound is only available through the soundbar 700's "Bose Music" app, which is pretty unfair considering the rest of us with the soundtouch 300 + acoustimass 300 spend over 1k dollars and cant adjust bass and treble. 

Highlighted

Hello Gabe98,

Thank you for the information provided.

I would advise replacing the HMDI ARC cables for both connections.

Also, have you tried connecting through optical and have experienced the same issue?

Also, you can adjust the bass using the remote by following these instructions.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Prince O

sbs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Hello Prince_O, I have tried several troubleshooting steps as well. I also previously posted on this forum (here and here), but the suggestions provided have not been helpful in understanding why the sound is absolutely loveable when listening to music through Spotify or to movies via Bluetooth, and neither comparably loud, clear nor cinematic when using either  HDMI ARC or Optical  source (I also bought an USB-to-Toslink audio extractor and tested the soundbar by connecting with PC. The result is the same as when connected to TV).

I concur with gabe98 and suspect that there is some firmware issue in processing sound through HDMI/Optical. 

Regards

sbs

Hello Sbs,

Thanks for the information provided.

Have you tried turning the volume up from the connected source via Bluetooth and experienced the same issue.

Let me know.

Kindest regards

sbs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Hello Prince, Could you please clarify what changing volume of HDMI-ARC connected TV via Bluetooth means and how this could be achieved?

Thanks

sbs