Boltstendy82
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Soundtouch 300 nightmare!

Hi everyone

having some issues with my soundtouch 300 system. I have the st300, acoustimass 300 and virtually invisible surround speakers. I recently changed my tv to a philips 70PUS7805/12. So my set up looks like this: 

sky q — st300-–hdmi 3 and xbox series x into hdmi 1.

all 3 hdmi slots on the tv are ARC

Putting sky q into the bose hdmi in is the only way I can get zero lip sync issues. I have programmed the bose remote to my tv and the sky q is running perfectly. The issue I have is when I try to use my Xbox series x, I have no sound. I have tried turning off the hdmi in off via the soundtouch app when running the xbox but it doesn’t change anything. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: Soundtouch 300 nightmare!

Hey Boltstendy82,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with audio on your Series X, but I'd be happy to assist.

Firstly, when you use your Series X, do you hear the audio come through your TV speakers or just no audio at all? What happens if you press the TV monitor button on the remote when playing the Xbox - do you get audio through the ST300?

Is there any difference at all, if you switch the Xbox to the HDMI 2 slot? I'd recommend trying an HDMI reset also, to see if this improves things:

1) Unplug the TV, Xbox, and soundbar from power. Remove the power plugs directly from the strip rather than unplugging the strip from the wall (if a power strip is used). Keep all HDMI cables plugged in.

2) After leaving the units for two minutes, plug your Soundbar in. Keep the TV and Xbox unplugged. The soundbar will flash white when plugged back in (rebooting).

3) When the white light on the soundbar has stopped flashing, press the TV screen button on the soundbar remote. 

4) Plug the Xbox, then the TV back into power and test for audio.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Boltstendy82
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Hello

thanks for your reply! Unfortunately this didn't resolve the issue. I’m not sure if I have the remote programmed correctly? I assigned the hdmi in to the aux button on the soundtouch app. Since doing that if I’m watching tv, then flick over to the xbox the audio from the sky q box carries on playing. If I disable the hdmi in then I get lip drag that drives me crazy, so I really would like to go via hdmi in (my old tv was set up this way) 

many thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Sy

Boltstendy82
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Hey, a bit more info after some more playing:

xbox volume works fine via tv speakers on all HDMI ports, nothing from ST300 via any of the HDMI’s. Tv firmware is up to date, as is the ST300 (to the best of my knowledge) 

the Sky q, going into the ST300 is working perfectly so I dont believe is causing the loss of sound on the ST300. 
I had nothing but The ST300 (HDMI 3) and xbox (HDMI 1 or 2) and just cannot get the sound out of the ST300. 

hope the is of some help, this is driving me nuts!😂

many thanks 

Sy

Keith_L

Thanks for that extra information Sy!

When changing from the SkyQ box to the Xbox, are you also changing the input on the Soundbar from the Sky Q input to your TV? As you have assigned the AUX button to the Sky Q input in the SoundTouch app, to switch from the Sky Q box to the Xbox, or other audio from the TV, you will need to press the TV button on your remote so it changes to the TV input. 

It's also worth checking what audio format your Xbox and TV are using, in case one of these is not compatible with the soundbar and this is stopping you from getting sound. The soundbar can support both Dolby Digital and DTS as audio formats so make sure you have one of these selected as the audio format. For the Xbox, you can adjust the studio settings by following the steps shown HERE. For your TV this option will be in your sound/audio settings on the TV itself.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Boltstendy82
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Hi

Yes, I switch from aux to tv on the Bose remote. I have previously had sound on the xbox...it just recently stopped. One thing I have noticed however is if I wiggle the hdmi cable (Bose supplied) in hdmi out and the screen flicks off & on, but still no sound. Would you recommend trying another hdmi cable? If I unplug everything, turn off for a bit then replug and power it works, but the next time I try its back to no sound from the xbox. 

many thanks

sy