Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sg8
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

Soundtouch app cannot start Pandora after iOS update

Soundtouch app with Lifestyle 650 system will not launch any Pandora stations anymore.  We've checked network, ensured Bose software is updated, restarted system, etc.  It stopped working after our iPhone/iPad iOS updated to 14.5.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sg8
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

Re: Soundtouch app cannot start Pandora after iOS update

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

I unplugged the LS 650 system and when reconnected it worked.  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@sg8 wrote:

Soundtouch app with Lifestyle 650 system will not launch any Pandora stations anymore.  We've checked network, ensured Bose software is updated, restarted system, etc.  It stopped working after our iPhone/iPad iOS updated to 14.5.  

Can you access it using preset stations on the remote or via SoundTouch on your Mac or PC? Have you rebooted your router to see if this helps? 

sg8
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

Restarted the router, and it didn't help.  However, we picked another soudtouch speaker to start and then added the Lifestyle system and it now works, which isn't logical that we cannot start with the Main system first.  Oh well.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@sg8 wrote:

Restarted the router, and it didn't help.  However, we picked another soudtouch speaker to start and then added the Lifestyle system and it now works, which isn't logical that we cannot start with the Main system first.  Oh well.

Well, at least you got it working. We also now know that the issue is not Pandora, SoundTouch, or the app, but the Lifestyle unit itself. So did you unplug the power from the Lifestyle system and then see if that worked? 

sg8
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

No, and j-sus.  The glitches with the LS650 are just so random and incredibly disappointing.   For a system of this cost, the whole idea to have to unplug, reboot, restart, re-everything is annoying.

Liam_G

Hello Sg8 thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with Pandora. I see that you have tried Neonsnight's suggestions already and that you have mentioned you have updated the LS650 and restarted the router as well as the system. Was it just a power cycle or a full reset you performed? 

Have you tried re-adding the LS650 to the SoundTouch app to see if Pandora will be able to play directly to it? 

Looking forward to hear from you!  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@sg8 wrote:

No, and j-sus.  The glitches with the LS650 are just so random and incredibly disappointing.   For a system of this cost, the whole idea to have to unplug, reboot, restart, re-everything is annoying.

It's tech, people have to reboot their Apple iPhones from time to time. Heck I have to reboot my TV every once and a while 🤷‍♂️

sg8
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

View solution in original post

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@sg8 wrote:

Great to hear 🙂