Workmand
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2021

Soundtouch wireless adaptor (non bluetooth) and cinemate 520

Hi all - please help me!

I have a cinemate 520 (serial number [Edited by Moderator) and I use a Bose Soundtouch Wireless Adapter (the older long thin one with no Bluetooth) which works fine. (over WIFI)

I now have another cinemate in my house (serial number [Edited by Moderator) which works fine but has no wireless adaptor.

So I purchased a new one.

It initialised it on the console (as per start up instructions) and I can see it in the Bose app in the "add speaker menu"

I then rename it, and click continue and every time its says:

"Couldn't add the speaker to the account, try again later and exit set up."

I have tried Wifi and Ethernet connections. The display on the console say "soundtouch" but it refuses to connect in the app. 

I have now purchased 3 x new adaptors with the same issue. If I swap over the one that does work on my other system, to this cinemate it works fine. So to my mind there can be nothing wrong with the console or the adaptor.???

Please help!!! Anything appreciated.

I can only think the app cant have two of these adaptors on the same network? But surely not?

Thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Soundtouch wireless adaptor (non bluetooth) and cinemate 520

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hey Workmand, 

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the SoundTouch Adapters and will be more than happy to help! 

Firstly, I would recommend making sure that your newer adapter is connected to the same Wifi network as your source device and other adapters. 

Based on the information you have provided, it sounds as though your adapters will need an update. I have included the instructions on how to do this HERE

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jessie_O

Re: Soundtouch wireless adaptor (non bluetooth) and cinemate 520

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hey Workmand, 

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the SoundTouch Adapters and will be more than happy to help! 

Firstly, I would recommend making sure that your newer adapter is connected to the same Wifi network as your source device and other adapters. 

Based on the information you have provided, it sounds as though your adapters will need an update. I have included the instructions on how to do this HERE

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post