Did you mean: 
Kirt
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

Souundbar 700 Popping sound

I have the soundbar 700

I have replaced all cables I tried both the arc and optical

My soundbar 700 makes this popping sound when I switch inputs on my TV or turn the TV on it doesn't do it all the time. It also pops if I am listening to bluetooth and the song is over and another one starts to play it will pop. It started to do it after the latest firmware. 

7 REPLIES 7
Liam_G

Re: Souundbar 700 Popping sound

Hello Kirt and thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear you are having issues with popping sounds on your Soundbar. I'd love to help you! 

The popping sound you mentioned, has it always done this since you bought the soundbar?
If it's only been a recent occurrence, has anything changed in the room?

It is possible that your soundbar is experiencing wireless interference from another device. Do you have a Wi-Fi router positioned near the soundbar? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Kirt
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

It started after the last firmware update I had it replaced with a another one and it that one does it also. It happens when the sound cuts on so if you switch input on the tv or if you are listening to bluetooth songs and the song changes to another song it pops.

Vicky_W

@Kirt, thanks for confirming this for us. We have a wide range of troubleshooting that has helped other users on this thread here. Please can you give the steps a try and let me know how you get on?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Kirt
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

I replaced all the cables both hdmi and optical and tried both. I switched my TV from Dolby digital to pcm. Pcm seem to fix the problems on the tv. But the Bluetooth is still popping

Vicky_W

@Kirt, It is possible that your soundbar is experiencing wireless interference from another device. Do you have a Wi-Fi router positioned near the soundbar at all as Liam asked?

Kirt
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

No I don't. I have a router on the opposite side of the room. And everything that is next to it is hardwired. I thought it might of been interference because I installed so govee led strips on my TV that is connected to alexa wirelessly so I unplugged that and was still having the issue

Vicky_W

@Kirt, we have sent you a private message to look into this further.