Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Speaker connections

I have The Bose 901 Series VI Direct/Reflecting Loudspeaker System and the Bose Acoustmass-7 Home Theater Speakers and need help connecting them to my Marantz Model SR-92 AV Surround Stereo Receiver. Seems like I always get distortion.
Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Speaker connections

Hello @10191956,

Thank you for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the distorted audio you've been experiencing and would be happy to look into this for you.

Can I ask which ports on this receiver you are connecting each system to? If you're not connecting all of the Acoustimass 7 speakers to the Acoustimass, and then connecting this to the centre channel on your receiver, there is a chance that the receiver may not be amplifying this correctly. I would advise that you either connect these to the Acoustimass first, and then to the receiver, or to try and user an Amplifier to connect these up instead!

I understand you have probably already done this, but as these are older systems, can I ask that you try swapping cables in this setup to new/fresh cables?

Can I also ask if any other systems/speakers are being used in this setup?

Please get back to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

I do have the Acoustmass system connected to the Base module, and then connected those to the Left, Center and Right inputs to the Marantz SR-92 speaker system 1 Front RH/LH and Center. I took the jumpers out of the Marantz pre out / main in  FRONT and have the Bose 901 equalizer hooked up there. Also I am not sure how to communicate with this system, I have replyed to the emails but received did not send errors. (This time I followed a link in the email, hope you get it!)

Highlighted

Hello 10191956, 

Thanks for getting back to us. Can I please ask, have you connected the receiver to any other speakers previously, if so did you have any issues then? 

I would also recommend reaching out to Marantz to see if there are any settings that may need changing on the receiver itself? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Marantz Model SR-92 AV Surroud Stereo ReceiverMarantz Model SR-92 AV Surroud Stereo Receiver

I attached a picture of what I have for connections.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello 10191956,

Thanks for posting in the community and thank you for sending over that diagram it's very helpful. There are a few questions I would like you to answer for me please:

• What source are you getting the distortion on?

• Are all the speakers affected by the distortion?

• Could you describe in more detail the distortion you are experiencing?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C