dgallowa
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Splicing bose speaker into another speaker wire

Good afternoon, 

I have a Bose 520 home theater system and I just moved. Can I splice in the connectors to the back of the Bose system and use the existing speaker wires and existing speakers that are already in the ceiling? 

Thank you 

David 

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: Splicing bose speaker into another speaker wire

Hey David! 

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

Regarding your query, we would not recommend this. If you need some replacement cables, I would recommend that you reach out to your local support team. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to assist you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Splicing bose speaker into another speaker wire

@dgallowa wrote:

Good afternoon, 

I have a Bose 520 home theater system and I just moved. Can I splice in the connectors to the back of the Bose system and use the existing speaker wires and existing speakers that are already in the ceiling? 

Thank you 

David 

While you can't use the existing speakers already installed. If you wanted to use the wiring inside the wall and mount the Bose speakers in the rear, you can do that if you can find the adapters.

717zmo1HrmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I would call up Bose to see if they have any to help you. Also, I would check out this guide I made to help you get the best out of your Cinemate 520.

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂