Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Static

I have a soundbar 700 and for some reason the R Chanel for the wireless surround speakers has static. I’ve not messed with any settings prior to the noise. I swapped speakers right from left and the static stays on the right. I then swapped wires same thing, I then swapped the power/wireless supplies, same static result. I then changed the Chanel from R to L on the power/wirelsss supply on the surround speaker and the static went away. I then went to the speaker on the Left side and changed the switch to R and the static came back for that particular speaker. If I have both surround speakers on L there is no static but if I change either one to R that speaker has static.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Static

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello @sf49ersfan5

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting. 

Please do a search for similar posts before starting your own thread, this has already been discussed elsewhere. 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Soundbar-500-crackle-in-right-rear-speaker-after-4-0-8-firm...

I can confirm, there is currently a bug that has appeared after the release of the latest version of the firmware which is causing issues. A fix is being worked on which we hope to push out as soon as possible. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Lots of posts with similar issues that seem to have started after recent firmware upgrade
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2019

I am experiencing the same problem. Can someone help? This is very disappointing for such high brand speakers.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Same thing happened to me. I even exchanged the speakers because I thought the right speaker was defective, but same thing happened with the new ones.
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello @sf49ersfan5

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting. 

Please do a search for similar posts before starting your own thread, this has already been discussed elsewhere. 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Soundbar-500-crackle-in-right-rear-speaker-after-4-0-8-firm...

I can confirm, there is currently a bug that has appeared after the release of the latest version of the firmware which is causing issues. A fix is being worked on which we hope to push out as soon as possible. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post