Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Staying connected issues as well as others

I’ve had the sound bar 700 since January and in the very beginning on the initial set up at connected no problem the minute I hooked up Spotify to it I’ve had nothing but problems up until this point. I am constantly what seems an hourly basis having to disconnect through all the steps that have been provided in multiple forums and reconnect and it works and then all of a sudden after two or if I change some sort of source on my Samsung television it becomes disconnected and then I have to do all the steps of disconnecting and going into the Music app all over again to get it to connected again. It has yet to operate like a did the very first time prior to me hooking up Spotify to the sound bar.

What am I doing wrong or is there some sort of virus or something that this sound bar has now?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Staying connected issues as well as others

Hey @Griswold1212,

I can imagine that's quite a pain! I can assure you that there isn't a virus on your soundbar. Let's try and find the root of this issue.

To confirm, you weren't running into any disconnection issues prior to adding Spotify as a service within the Bose Music app?

When you mention disconnection - is this the TV audio or streaming music? Or are you going through the WiFi setup every time you run into a problem?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

No when I first hooked up the sound bar connected with in minutes it was the easiest set up I’ve ever done worked like a charm and then later on that day I setup the Spotify app through the Bose Music app and then it just went to crap and all I could hear through it was Spotify music and then I reset the Soundbar, reset the remote and even deleted the Bose app and I did everything all over again but it was never the same or as easy to hook up. I have an Amazon cube hooked up to the TV so I wasn’t sure if that was causing issues because I replace just the generic fire stick with the cube and maybe that caused the issue I haven’t tried to replace and go back to just the generic stick because it has less memory. And I don’t think that should be a reason that the sound bar shouldn’t work correctly like it did when I first set it up.

And what I mean by disconnecting is that it’ll just stop playing sound from the TV to the sound bar even though the TV is still set up for external speaker I have to go through the whole process of disconnecting the CEC from the Bose app unplugging the power to the TV and the sound bar and unhooking the HDMI cables and let that sit for a minute and once I replug all that back in and turn the CEC back on then it works fine and then a few hours later or the next day I have to do the whole process all over again

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us @Griswold1212

That certainly doesn't sound right. Just to confirm, are you making sure that you have selected the TV source on the Bose remote after you have finished listening to Spotify? You can do this by clicking the TV icon on the remote.  

Let me know! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Yes sir

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this @Griswold1212

Can you please confirm if the same issue happens with an optical connection? 

I would also like to know if the reset that you performed was a standard power cycle reset or a full factory reset of the system? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Unfortunately due to the model Samsung TV I have it does not have the normal style  optical output port that would allow an optical cable like the one that comes with the Bose soundbar so I am not able to hook up optical unless I order a different style optical cable. 

As far as the resets I’ve done both a full factory reset and I performed a standard power cycle reset. The standard is the one that I am doing pretty much on a consistent basis which works, but I can not figure out what is causing the bar to stop putting out TV sound?

Highlighted

Thank you for confirming these details. 

I would recommend trying an HDMI reset. To do this, unplug your TV and soundbar from power for 30 seconds. Then, plug in just the soundbar, once it has booted up select the TV source and plug in your TV again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Hey Jesse that’s the reset that I do on a daily basis I unplug the sound bar, the TV and my Amazon fire cube for about a minute along with the HDMI cables connected to the TV and the units, switch off the CEC option on the Bose Music app and then I plug them in and then turn back on the CEC option underneath the Bose Music app. As I mentioned previously this usually works and then for whatever reason later on in the day or the next day I’m having to do it all over again because the sound bar stops putting out sound

Highlighted

Hey @Griswold1212,

From what you've explained it seems the TV is having a hard time remembering the Soundbar 700 needs to be used for audio output!

However, there is one more thing worth trying, to adjust the behaviour of the soundbar. Simply follow the steps below on how to adjust the CEC settings:

1. In the Bose Music app, tap the soundbar product image in the lower-right
    Tip: If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon in upper-left, select the soundbar, then tap the product image shown in the lower-right
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Scroll down to the Power section, then tap Advanced CEC
  4. Tap the circle next to the desired option to select it:
    • On: Enables CEC (default setting)
    • Off: Disables CEC
    • Alternate: Try this setting if you cannot control or experience unexpected control with a certain device 
  5. When finished, tap the back arrow in the upper-left to return to the previous screens.

Play around with the setting and let me know if you're noticing any improvement!