Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Steps to reset Soundtouch 300 + Bass Module 500

Hello, I am looking for steps to factory reset my Soundtouch 300 which is wirelessly connected to Base Module 500.

1. Is there a way to factory reset both?
  2. How do I factory reset only Bose Module 500? 
  3. How do I factory reset Soundtouch 300 alone (without resetting Base Module 500)? Can I subsequently run AdaptIQ only on Soudntouch 300? 

Thanks

sbs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Steps to reset Soundtouch 300 + Bass Module 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by sbs

Hello sbs,

Thanks for posting in the community, you can reset the SoundTouch 300 and the Bass Module; please follow the steps below to do so.

Before you factory reset the SoundTouch 300 disconnect it from Bass Module. To restore factory defaults on SoundTouch 300, follow these steps:

A factory reset clears all source, volume, network and ADAPTiQ audio calibration settings from the soundbar and returns it to original factory settings.

• On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button

• Press and hold the Teletext button (to the right of the CC button on the remote) for 10 seconds until the Wi-Fi, TV, SoundTouch and Bluetooth indicators blink white on the soundbar

The soundbar restarts and the Wi-Fi indicator on the soundbar glows amber (setup mode) when the reset is complete

• Restore the soundbar's network and audio settings by launching the SoundTouch app on your smartphone or tablet, add the system to your network and run the ADAPTiQ audio calibration

Reset a Bass Module 500 by following this step:

• Press and release the button on the back of the bass module.

* Pressing and holding the button on the back of the bass module until the status light blinks white will clear all connection information and will return the bass module to the original factory settings. Once this reset is complete, the light blinks amber and the bass module will need to be reconnected to the soundbar.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get back in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by sbs

Hello sbs,

Thanks for posting in the community, you can reset the SoundTouch 300 and the Bass Module; please follow the steps below to do so.

Before you factory reset the SoundTouch 300 disconnect it from Bass Module. To restore factory defaults on SoundTouch 300, follow these steps:

A factory reset clears all source, volume, network and ADAPTiQ audio calibration settings from the soundbar and returns it to original factory settings.

• On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button

• Press and hold the Teletext button (to the right of the CC button on the remote) for 10 seconds until the Wi-Fi, TV, SoundTouch and Bluetooth indicators blink white on the soundbar

The soundbar restarts and the Wi-Fi indicator on the soundbar glows amber (setup mode) when the reset is complete

• Restore the soundbar's network and audio settings by launching the SoundTouch app on your smartphone or tablet, add the system to your network and run the ADAPTiQ audio calibration

Reset a Bass Module 500 by following this step:

• Press and release the button on the back of the bass module.

* Pressing and holding the button on the back of the bass module until the status light blinks white will clear all connection information and will return the bass module to the original factory settings. Once this reset is complete, the light blinks amber and the bass module will need to be reconnected to the soundbar.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get back in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Thanks a lot!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Bass Module 500: continues amber light

Trying to reset my module 500 as I can see constant amber light, no progress.

Am unable to connect my module500 to soundbar 500

Please help me

Highlighted

Re: Bass Module 500: continues amber light

Hello Ram Babu Pamu,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

The solid amber light just indicates that the Bass Module is not connected with your Soundbar 500. 

You can connect the Bass Module using the remote or through the Bose Music app.

On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Play/Pause buttons for about five seconds: The soundbar light bar pulses white while connecting, then stops once connected.

To establish the connection through the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar in the bottom right. Then tap Settings > Accessory Speakers > Add Bose Accessory Speakers.

If you are unable to do this, then you can reset the Bass Module by removing the power for 30 seconds.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I am having the same problem but with a sound bar 700.  The base module is showing a permanent amber light.  It will not reset even if I leave it unplugged for 40 min.  I have reset the sound bar but to no avail.  How can I reset the base module?

Highlighted

Hey Ronan, 

Sorry to hear this. To reset the bass module you need to unplug it, wait 5 minutes, and turn it back on. Let me know if this helps, if this does not, there are other steps we can try!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Sorry - I looked closer at the unit and it is a 700 Bass module and 700 Soundbar.  However, the problem remains the same.  Continous yellow light.  Leaving the Bass unit unplugged overnight does not resolve the issue.  Any other steps I can try?

Highlighted

That is no problem at all, hanks for attempting this for us. 

Can you attempt to connect your Bass Module 700 and Soundbar with a 3.5mm - 3.5mm cable to see if this provides improvements?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

that does work but restricts where I can put the bass unit so I need to connect wirelessly.  Is there a way of doing a factory reset on the bass unit?