LilDRinAZ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Suddenly unable to turn off Bose VideoWave III entertainment system, poss remote issue?

I understand this model is no longer made, is there a replacement remote available?  

Chaning batteries does not help.  If the tv is on then it won't shut the entertainment system off.  If the tv is off then the remote won't turn it on.

The only remedy is to unplug the console then plug it back in.  Now it is everytime we try to turn off or turn on the tv.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Suddenly unable to turn off Bose VideoWave III entertainment system, poss remote issue?

Hi LilDRinAZ, 

Welcome to the Bose Community and thank you for submitting your first post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some difficulty controlling your VideoWave system. 

Regrettably, we no longer have replacement remotes available. I understand how frustrating this may be to hear, but I will do what I can to help.

Does the power indicator on the control console blink when a remote button is pressed? The green power light on the front left of the system console should briefly turn off each time a button is pressed on the remote. This will indicate if the remote and console are communicating at all.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.