Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Support for built-in Chromecast?

Can we expect to see this on the Soundbar 700 / 500?

Airplay 2 is great but for Android users we still have no method of casting to the soundbar. Also, this would be a good solution to work around some of the missing services support such as YouTube Music.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Support for built-in Chromecast?

Hello Dannydown,

Thank you so much for your question! 

We currently do not have any information regarding the integration of Chromecast into the Soundbar 700 / 500. At this time the best alternative services for streaming which are available to your speaker are via the Bose Music App, the use of Voice Assistants: Google Voice Assistant (Currently US only) or Alexa and finally via a Bluetooth connection from your mobile device. 

We thoroughly appreciate your feedback regarding this, I will pass this onto the development team for future consideration. For any new updates we will inform the community. 

Have a lovely day. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

When I bought the Bose 700 in December 2019, I was expecting that with the Google Assistant I would be able to integrate the soundbar into my Home Group with my other Google Mini/Nest and other Google Chromecast built-in speakers (JBL and Sony) that I already have at my place. I was very disappointed with the Bose 700 for not having this feature available so I returned the product and went to another brand. The sound and designe are great so I hope Bose can add the Chromecast built-in for future customers.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

I fully agree with the request to have chromecast built-in available in the Bose Home speakers. I bought the Bose Home speaker 300 and 500 and I honestly believe they are almost useless since I cannot integrate them in my Google Home environment whereby I can connect them to my Google Nest hub for example or cast music from my phone. Since there is no chromecast built-in I cannot connect the speakers to a homegroup either. More and more brands offer speakers with built-in chromecast. I hope Bose will provide an update too because this is expected by consumers within a smart home.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Completely agree. In this day and age, Chromecast support is a given. Quite disappointed that my Soundbar 700 does not have Chromecast support. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

I can only second all opinions here.

It's a big disappointment for me not having Chromecast support.

and even more disappointing that Bose didn't provide either justification for not including it or a plan for when to include it.

This is definitely stopping from recommending this soundbar to others.

It's astonishing how a company can just overlook including Chromcast support in a soundbar, and react this way to customer requests.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

Adding my vote into the hat.  I just purchased a Bose 500 speaker.  Sounds great.  Lets me control devices with my voice via Google Assistant. etc.   But unable to add the speaker to a google home speaker group or cast to it.   It's bizarre that anyone thought this gaping hole in functionality made sense.   Bose please please fix this.  Please respond to this thread to provide an update on this.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

When will the Bose Portable Home Speaker support Chromecast?

I just purchased the Bose Portable Home Speaker and was disappointed that it can not connect via a Google Home speaker group.  I can select this speaker to play music (via wifi/Spotify) from my Google home but it only plays on this speaker and not others at the same time.  I would like (as others suggested) to use this speaker in a Google Speaker Group so I can enjoy music inside on my existing chromecast devices and also simultaneously play the same music on the Bose Portable speaker located outside - but no can do!   Will the Bose Portable Home Speaker support chromecast and work with Google Home in a Group Speaker?  I am a Bose fan and the sound is great from this portable speaker, but this feature is what I purchased it for and am hoping this will be supported soon?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

It has been more than one year since the last update. Any news regarding a timeline for chromecast support ?

Highlighted

Hey Juanjoneri, 

Thank you for reaching out. 

We do not have any additional information to share at this time. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!