Flybye
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2021

Support life expectancy of expensive products?

I have a Solo TV sound system which died.  Of course all the typical troubleshooting has been performed like replacing remote battery, confirming remote is sending a signal (you can see the signal light in a video), and replacing the power cable.  Bose no longer supports this item, and an electronics repair shop has verified nothing is wrong with the serviceable components on the main board.  They even verified the input receiver is getting signals from the remote.   It's dead.

Bose no longer offering repair for it or even a replacement board for it worries me.  What will happen if I buy the $3,999.00 Lifestyle 650 system, and one of the components dies beyond the warranty period?  Am I pretty much out of luck and stuck having to get a new entertainment system, or does Bose provide superior support for years/decades beyond the warranty for their more expensive products?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Support life expectancy of expensive products?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Flybye

Hi FlyBye,

Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear of your concerns. 

The community forum is a place for troubleshooting, therefore we are unable to assist with queries regarding available service options to you. For the most accurate information, please reach out to your local Bose product support team.  Click this link > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

An agent here will be more than happy to address these concerns for you. Whilst we do our best to support all products, the available service options will ultimately vary between product, region, and availability, but again, this should be discussed with service support directly.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tegan_M

Re: Support life expectancy of expensive products?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Flybye

Hi FlyBye,

Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear of your concerns. 

The community forum is a place for troubleshooting, therefore we are unable to assist with queries regarding available service options to you. For the most accurate information, please reach out to your local Bose product support team.  Click this link > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

An agent here will be more than happy to address these concerns for you. Whilst we do our best to support all products, the available service options will ultimately vary between product, region, and availability, but again, this should be discussed with service support directly.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post