Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Surround 700 speakers not connecting

I have the sounbar 500 with the surround 700 speakers. One of the speakers is not connecting. It keeps blinking the amber light. I tried to switch the receivers to test and the issue happens only in one. I plugged off several times for a reset, but still not working. Blinks amber, keeps

steady for a while while the music app tries to recognize it. The app recognizes it but in the end the light is still amber blinking slow. The funny think is that in the app the surround shows available and not disconnected. Any tips? I have been using for 1 week only. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Surround 700 speakers not connecting

Hello Rodlanz, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with connecting one of your surround speakers to the soundbar 700. 

The following should assist you in pairing the surround speakers. 

- If you haven't yet, please ensure the L/R switches on the receivers: one to L (left) and the other should be R (right)

- Connect the power cord from the receivers to AC (mains) outlets
- On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Play/Pause buttons for five seconds:
- The light bar on the soundbar blinks white while connecting the speakers
- The speakers play a tone when connected

If this fails to enable a secure connection, please reach out to local support to discuss service for the receiver. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Thanks for the response.  I tried pressing the play,pause,bluetooth (all three buttons) simultaneously and the light on the wireless never blinks. Could it be a different combo of buttons to press?

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Do these speakers connect through blue tooth to the soundbar 500 or do they connect using the wifi connection of the soundbar 500?

Highlighted

Hey @Joehump,

Thanks for posting and getting involved with this thread. 

They connect via a Wi-Fi connection to the Soundbar. 

If you have any further questions, please do let us know. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

Surround sound speakers 700

I have a 700 sound bar and the surround speakers.  One speaker pairs with the sound bar no problem however the other speaker won’t pair. I’ve tried switching off at the wall several times but one speaker still will not pair with the sound bar 700.   Very frustrating. Any help would be very much appreciated 

Highlighted

Re: Surround sound speakers 700

Hey Colin1965, 

Thanks for posting. 

I am sure we can get you up and running. Although the steps above are for the Soundbar 500, they are the same for the Soundbar 700, please could you have them a try and let me know how you get on and at which point the steps fail?