dnowitz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Switching Lifestyle speakers

I currently have a lifestyle 18 set up. I friend offered to sell me a Lifestyle 35 (which has a broken media center). Can I use the Acoustimass and Jewel Cubes from the LS35 with my current media center? Will there be a difference in cables (besides the jewel cube plug)? Will adaptIQ function properly with this change?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Switching Lifestyle speakers

Hi dnowitz, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I would love to provide you with some information about this. 

So that I can provide you with the correct information can you please confirm which series of the Lifestyle 18 you have? I would advise that you don't mix and match our systems as this can cause damage to the components, as they are not intended to be mix and matched. 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regards to this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

What have you got to lose?  While Bose will never support mixing and matching components, it will probably work in many cases.  If I was you, I would try to use the Bose double cubes in place of your Bose single cubes.  You might have to splice some speaker wires if the connectors are different.

Or, you can probably find a replacement console for the Bose Lifestyle 35 system on eBay.  That would probably be your best option.  You could then sell your Bose Lifestyle 18 on eBay.

dnowitz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Thanks Hector, 

Can you tell me how to get the version information off the system? Also to be clear; i would be reusing the media center and the communication wire to the acoustimass module. I understand that the amp will be specific to the jewel cubes, but ill be using the Acoustimass that comes with the Jewel cubes as well. I do not know where AdaptIQ settings are stored, or how that would be affected by this.

Hello dnowitz,

You can identify your exact model using our Product Finder. I would recommend inserting the serial number of the bass module which should pull up the entire system. 

Let me know if you have any issues with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G