Highlighted
Daveke
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Sync Solo 5 power on off with TV?

The auto wake feature turns the Solo 5 on when I turn on my tv, but it then stays on after I’ve turned off my tv. Can I have my solo 5 turn off when my tv is turned off?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sync Solo 5 power on off with TV?

Hi Daveke, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

In regards to your query, you can absolutely do this! 

To make sure, you should be pressing the main power button, not the source power, to turn your devices off at the same time. 

Do you have an additional cable box you are looking to control as well?

If so, we can power sync your devices to all turn on and off with the power button. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Daveke
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

So, to clarify, I want to do this with my Samsung TV universal remote--not the Solo 5 soundbar remote. My Samsung TV remote is small, simple, and elegant, while the Solo 5 remote reminds me of a 1970s hand-held programmable calculator--it's a beast! I have the Solo 5 Auto-wake feature enabled, which is working fine--when I turn on my TV with my TV remote, the Solo 5 soundbar also turns on. However, when I turn off my TV with my TV remote, the Solo 5 soundbar stays on for a full hour--before the Auto-off feature kicks-in and places it in standby mode. I would much prefer that the Solo 5 soundbar turns off (goes in to standby mode) immediately when I turn off my TV--not an hour later. A workaround solution would be to make the Solo 5's Auto-off feature adjustable (1 hour, 10 minutes, 1 minute, etc.)--in my opinion, 1 minute would be much better than 1 hour. Perhaps this could be added in a future firmware update?

Hi Daveke, 

Thank you for coming back to me and confirming those details. 

As you are using the Samsung remote control, it looks like I will be unable to assist you with the Samsung remote as this is not manufactured by us. It may be beneficial to get in contact with Samsung directly to see if this is something they can help you with?

Thank you for your feedback regarding the auto-off, I have marked your post as a feature request so that the relevant team can view this. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O