Highlighted
cragglebaby
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

T20 system update. Should i do it?

Hi guys

So my Bose system has been in storage for 6 months and i'm about to hook it all up in my new home.  

Thought i would treat it to an update.

Firstly, getting over the ACTUAL update issue i'm having.  I popped my Bose USB stick into my computer the other night and went through the program download, but it didnt recognise my USB stick. (running it through Windows BTW).  SO basically i can't download the update.  Any ideas?

Secondly, if that all worked, SHOULD i actually update it??  I bought it in 2013 and hasnt been udpated since.  But i've been reading a lot about peoples systems going blank or freezing or needing a forced re-boot.  It's well out of warrenty i think so what kind of free support is available if the update knackered it?  What does the update actually provide?  Anything useful?

Cheers

Craggle

1 REPLY 1

Re: T20 system update. Should i do it?

Hello Craggle,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

You can find steps for updating your T20 system here. There is a link on the page to the most recent updater which should be able to help you transfer the file to the USB stick. 

Ensure the USB stick is free of any files before use - preferably, format the stick before use.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support