aharol
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

TV Speaker Power Volume and Mute Buttons Not Working

I bought a Bose TV Speaker from amazon.co.uk (I live in Ireland) and have been using it without any problem for about a month.

Today, the volume buttons, and intermittently other buttons, are not working. I tried the suggestions at this link:

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/articles/HC2530/productCodes/bose_tv_speaker/article.html

but they didn't help. As suggested I have tried resetting the product and tried 2 new batteries in the remote.

The volume buttons, mute button and power buttons don't work at all. Coincidentally (or note) these 4 buttons are all on the left side. 

2 REPLIES 2
Charlotte_G

Re: TV Speaker Power Volume and Mute Buttons Not Working

Hey @aharol, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am very sorry to hear that some of the buttons on your Bose TV Speaker remote have stopped working as they should. It's really great that you have been through the steps listed, including the reset and changing the batteries. 

Has anything changed about the setup at all? For example, have you changed the position of the soundbar? Is there anything in front of the soundbar that could be blocking the signal from the remote? Additionally, If the remote sensor on your product is in a very bright area (i.e. in excessive sunlight or lighting, nearby a bright TV or laptop screen, etc.), the light interference could affect the ability of your product to detect the IR light commands from your remote control. If there is excessive light on your product, try reducing it.

If the issue persists, then I'd have to recommend that you contact local customer service to explore the next options. For Ireland support, visit here.

For anybody else experiencing this issue, visit Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
aharol
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

Re: TV Speaker Power Volume and Mute Buttons Not Working

Hi @Charlotte_G , thanks for responding so quickly on this. Nothing has changed in my setup. I tried using the remote pointing it barely centimetres away from the soundbar as well and the problem still persists. Nothing is blocking it, and there isn't any excessive light either.

I'll reach out to Ireland support.

Thanks!