vickvohoang
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

TV source keep changing to the soundbar

I'm using the Soundbar 500 with Apple TV 4k and Sony TV 55-X7000E. I connect the Soundbar to the ARC HDMI port on the TV and the Apple TV to another HDMI port. When I use the Apple TV remote to turn on the Apple TV, it turn on the TV (as it should be) but then the TV automaticlly switch to the Bose sound bar HDMI source with the Bose Music app logo appear on screen. Then I have to mannually choose the Apple TV source on the TV to go back. Is there anyway to keep the TV stick to the Apple TV input source? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: TV source keep changing to the soundbar

Hi Vickvohoang, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

This sounds like a CEC issue. If you use the Bose remote to turn on the Soundbar, does the same issue occur?

The issue with CEC is that if you turn it off, you likely to lose the ability for Apple TV to turn on your TV and then your SoundBar. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
vickvohoang
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

If I use the Bose remote to turn on the Soundbar, the same thing happen. But this time the Apple TV wont even start, I can notice the white indicator light in the Apple TV didn’t turn on. And if I turn off CEC, I lost the audio coming in from the hdmi completely.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Helllo vickvohoang,

Thanks for reaching out again, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your TV. I would be more than happy to help you out with this, I would recommend that you check your settings in the Bose Music app to change the CEC settings, try changing them to off, on and alternate; just play around to see if any of those settings changes help. I would also recommend that you change the settings on the TV, which should also be either on, off or alternate. Just have a play around with these settings to see if these help anything. I would also recommend checking out this article about Apple TV connections. 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C

Highlighted
vickvohoang
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Hi, it’s me again, so far I have tried everything when fiddling with the CEC option in the Music apps but it’s doesn’t work. I think the issue is that the Bose soundbar is programed to output the Music App title screen every time it turn on or detect a HDMI source, this make the TV switch the source to the soundbar. There just need to be an option to turn this feature off, making the Bose soundbar stop reacting everytime it detects HDMI activity.