Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

Teaching Bose TV Speaker issue

Bose product name Bose TV Speaker

Country Sweden

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Bose TV Speaker

Sweden

I tried teaching my Samsung TV remote the volume commands in TV Speaker. Setting volume up works even after blinking red. Setting volume down also works after blinking red, but then volume up doesn’t work anymore. Only the last setting seems to work. Strange. How come? 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thomas D
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

Re: Teaching Bose TV Speaker issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by Thomas D

It works if you repeat step 2 and 3 for all 3 keys and pressing TV key only once. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Hi Thomas,

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues using your Samsung Remote with your Bose TV Speaker. We would love to help.

When you set up your Samsung remote with your TV Speaker, did you do so by following these instructions. If not, can you please follow the step by step guide in the provided link.

Do let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Thomas D
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by Thomas D

It works if you repeat step 2 and 3 for all 3 keys and pressing TV key only once. 

View solution in original post

Jessie_O

Hey! 

Just a heads up that we have an update we believe fixes this issue.  

You can find instructions on how to update here.

This should resolve this issue for you, but if you update and still run into an issue please let us know!

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!