Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Tivo "Back" button programming on Lifestyle 135 iii

I currently have a Lifestyle 135 Home Theater with the latest firmware and I have it working with a Tivo Bolt.

All has worked fine for several years but recently Tivo moved to a new interface that relies heavily on a button called "Back" that as of the Tivo model Romio is included in all remotes.  

Unfortunately this button is not programmed in the Tivo configuration on my Bose remote, probably the Bose configuration was done before the "Back" button was added and I have no idea how to add it, I am sure a lot of Tivo users of your Bose systems must be having the same problem.  Any help is appreciated.

Ronald.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Re: Tivo "Back" button programming on Lifestyle 135 iii

Nobody with the problem, Bose Support your response?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Tivo "Back" button programming on Lifestyle 135 iii

Hey rechandi, thanks for your message. Sorry to see that no other Tivo users have shared their experiences with you so far. 

Universal remotes, like the one used by the Lifestyle 135, may not be able to interact or emulate certain third-party bespoke functions, depending on how the third-party device has programmed/integrated this functionality. Does the remote currently control most other functions of the Tivo box? All that I can suggest is that you attempt re-programming the remote to the Tivo system. Information for this can be found HERE. All the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!