Trouble connecting Sound bar 700 universal remote to Xbox One

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Trouble connecting Sound bar 700 universal remote to Xbox One

Has anyone had success connecting the sound bar 700 universal remote to an Xbox One? I am able to connect the remote to my TV, but the Xbox One (model #1540) does not connect. The app tries different codes and then asks me to put in the model number. It says it connects at the end but none of the buttons do anything. I have tried on two different Xbox Ones... same issue. Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Dsheff

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trouble connecting Sound bar 700 universal remote to Xbox One

Hi there @Dsheff and welcome to the Bose Community!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I have been working to test this for you!

When I went to test this, I was not able to use the model code 1540 for your Xbox One, but was able to use Model code 1681 for the Xbox One S.

After factory resetting a Soundbar 700 and starting from the beginning, I was able to setup a TV, and then moved onto setting up a Console.

Simply using the code "Xbox", I found the brand and was able to get the codes to work correctly. I assigned this a button, and confirmed that this operated across the menu's correctly.

Please note that the Xbox and Soundbar both had to be within line of sight of one another, otherwise the Soundbar cannot receive the input and send this to the Xbox.

If you have your systems in a cupboard or cabinet, please take these out and test the codes again!

Please get back to me when you can to let me know how you get on 😊.

Liam W - Community Support

5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Dsheff and welcome to the Bose Community!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I have been working to test this for you!

When I went to test this, I was not able to use the model code 1540 for your Xbox One, but was able to use Model code 1681 for the Xbox One S.

After factory resetting a Soundbar 700 and starting from the beginning, I was able to setup a TV, and then moved onto setting up a Console.

Simply using the code "Xbox", I found the brand and was able to get the codes to work correctly. I assigned this a button, and confirmed that this operated across the menu's correctly.

Please note that the Xbox and Soundbar both had to be within line of sight of one another, otherwise the Soundbar cannot receive the input and send this to the Xbox.

If you have your systems in a cupboard or cabinet, please take these out and test the codes again!

Please get back to me when you can to let me know how you get on 😊.

Liam W - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

Hi @Liam_W , 

do you mean to say that if the SB700 is above the entertainment cabinet and the console (e.g., XBox, PS4 etc.) is right underneath the SB700 inside the entertainment cabinet the Bose universal remote is unlikely to work? or is it only during the set up they have to in the line of sight (i.e. a straight line with no barrier in between) of each other?

Hi again @Raiden and @Dsheff !

The Bose Universal remote used for the Soundbar 700 (and Soundbar 500 if you use this optionally) pair to the Soundbar through Bluetooth. The IR emitter to send these signals out to other systems is on the Soundbar itself, and will emit to the other devices you have this set to control (such as the TV or Xbox here).

As such, it is recommended that these not be hidden away from one another. 

I understand that everyone has a preference on where they would like their items to be in a setup, and I would suggest that you move this to have line-of-sight for setup. When setup is complete and you know this works, I would move this back and check again. If the remote no longer controls your Xbox this is a sign that the IR signal is not reaching this.

This doesn't mean that you have to completely change the setup though! You can get in touch with Bose in your local region to get hold of the IR emitter accessory. This is connected to the "IR" port on the Soundbar that is normally unused, and can be used to make the IR emitters more accessible and to be able to reach other items. Please see this article about how this is setup for our systems (this uses the same IR port on the Soundbar 700). You can get in touch with support by clicking here, selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if required.

Please let me know if either of you have any questions 😊!

Liam W 

Audible Advocate

Thanks Liam,

I reset my sound bar and moved the xbox right next to it. The Xbox connected! Now I need to search for an IR emitter. Do you know if one was included in the box? Do you have a link to one I can purchase online?

Hello Dsheff,

IR emitters are not included in the box, but can be purchased by contacting support in your country. The part number is: '324714-1010.'

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jeff G