Trouble setting up a new SB 700

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Trouble setting up a new SB 700

Hi,

I just bought a new SB 700 today and I have quite some trouble setting it up. 

I followed the set up instructions (Using HDMI Arc), downloaded the App and powered the SB up. 

After that i get the following issues:

1. The app does not find the SB 700, tried everything using the troubleshooting guides (powering off the mobile / sb700 etc.)

2. I can connect the device to my App if I use LAN, so I think the SB might have been connected to another WLAN before and is hence troubleshooting.

3. I tried new pairing mode using this guide (https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/app-cannot-find-system-during-set-up.html) however the SB is not responding to my remote controller (it just keeps blinking...)

Is there a way to do a hard factory reset on the SB700 (since my remote controller seems not to work)?

What can I do to set up the SB700 to my WLAN?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Trouble setting up a new SB 700

Hi Mfsh1, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the setup issues you are experiencing with your SB700. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend completing the setup of your soundbar using ethernet as part of the set up is to pair the remote to your system. Once you have completed this, remove the speaker from the Bose Music App by clicking on the person icon in the top left > Manage devices > edit delete. Then follow the instructions from the link you have referenced above and you should find it easier to pop into set-up mode. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hi Jessie,

thanks for your reply. Can you tell me exactly how i to pair the remote using LAN?
I added the soundbox to my bose app, and I managed to connect spotify. However I did not find any options to pair the remote with the SB.

Thank you!

Hello mfsh1,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

With regards to pairing the remote, please follow these instructions: 

• On the Bose remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  • In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner. (If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon 
     in the upper-left corner, select the soundbar, then tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner.
  • Select Settings.)
  • Under the Universal Remote heading, select Advanced then select Pair New Remote. The soundbar will begin searching for the remote.
  • A battery will need to be removed and reinserted into the remote.
  • Once the remote is found, tap the Continue to complete the pairing process.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G