Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlotte_G

Re: Trying to pair virtually wireless surround speakers to Soundtouch 300

@Miner As we do recommend that only the specified speakers are used with the system, you may encounter faults like you've mentioned, and we cannot guarantee compatibility. 

There aren't any other speakers that we recommend using with the system. With this in mind, I'd love to open the conversation to the rest of the Community to input any suggestions they may have.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Miner
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2021

@Charlotte_G Thanks.  I wish there was a way to find either 300 or 700 speakers through Bose or authorized resellers.  This worldwide supply shortage is quite frustrating.

My dilemma is if I buy on the resale market (like I did with the Soundtouch 300 and the virtually invisible power adapter, if I get speakers that same way, but they don't work, is it the soundbar, the adapters or the speakers?

I presumed my Bose double cube speakers would work with the power adapters, but at this point, I get no sound despite the adapters pairing.  I am somewhat reluctant to run the calibration for fear of damaging the adapters, the speakers or the soundbar.  The sound touch app thinks the surround speakers are there as it lets me raise or lower the level for them, and the adapters light are white once the soundbar turns on.  That tells me the network connection is good, hence my question about the speakers impedance and the power adapter's supply shutting down.  I do have a collection of other speakers, Boston Acoustics, Pioneer, and even Klipsch that if would work until I can get some factory Bose 300 or 700s, I'd be willing to try if someone chimes in and says they would work?

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Check eBay.

Miner
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2021

@Xyz987 

Even eBay has a shortage.   Plus a concern is if there is an issue, is it the speaker or the soundbar, or the adapter?

Miner
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2021

So I ran AdaptIQ; still no sound to the rear speakers.

I looked in the “about” properties for the soundbar, and see the adapters.  

Miner_0-1625933967184.png

So the soundbar is connecting to the adapters.  For grins I reset the soundbar again and the “about” page no longer sees the adapters.

Miner_1-1625934503264.png

Again my thought is the Bose double cube speakers are not compatible with the power adapters, and the amps in them shut down.

I know that both the soundbar and the power adapters have “service” ports, I’d love to be able to plug a computer into one or both and see what is going on / some kind of error log.  

might be a bit much though.  

Maybe some stock will be available shortly and I can get a complete set of surround 300s and try again. 

Miner
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2021

I have a brand new set of wireless surround 700s on order.  I will report next week when they arrive.  

Miner
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by Miner

Success!!!!!

I got the new set of 700s and hooked it all up and once I paired it to my soundbar, I got a sound chime.   Turned on music and have surround sound!

I need to find a 300, 500 or 700 subwoofer to complete my migration from a vintage, but still awesome sounding Lifestyle system.

View solution in original post