Unable to connect RC-PWS III to samsung KS8000.

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Unable to connect RC-PWS III to samsung KS8000.

I am following the instructions here https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/programming-your-remote-solo-15-ii.html with codes from https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/global/products/speakers/bose_.... I also tried some five digit codes. None of them seems to be working for me. Any help. 

5 REPLIES

Re: Unable to connect RC-PWS III to samsung KS8000.

Hello uppalababu,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to see you're having difficulties getting your Solo universal remote programmed to work with your TV, but I'd be happy to help.

Can you let me know which Solo model you currently own so I can investigate this further for you?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hi,

I have Bose Solo 15 series II TV sound system.

S/N: 069895Z52103143AE.

Remote P/N: 714919-001S

Let me know if you need additional information. 

Regards,

Babu

Hello uppalababu,

Thanks for the additional information. Manufacturers do change their codes from time to time, especially with newer products. Other users have found third party remotes, such as Logitech Harmony, a good alternative. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Silent Starter

Any suggestions on how I can get this resolved?

Hello uppalababu,

The codes are static and stored on the remote itself. If the existing codes do not program your TV, Samsung may have changed them. If the codes change on the manufacturer's end the remote cannot be updated. Typically, third party universal remotes are the best solution at this point. 

Best Regards,

Greg