Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Unable to play Google Play Music on Soundbar 700

I have my google assistant working properly, so i can ask the time etc. However, it will not let me use either You Tube or Google Play Music as my default music service. So when I ask the assistant to play a song it finds the song and then says "sorry, google play music is not available on soundbar 700" 

does anyone have an idea re how to solve this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Unable to play Google Play Music on Soundbar 700

I'm not familiar with the Bose Music app (I have Bose Soundtouch), but what music sources does that app allow you to use?  I assume you need to setup whichever of those you want to use and choose one as your default.  You can't use one that's not there.

Highlighted

Hey Lucas, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues accessing Google Play Music and YouTube Music. These services are not supported by Bose Music at this time. If you wish to listen to music from these services on the Soundbar 700 you can use Airplay 2 or Bluetooth as the connection method. This allows you to stream any audio source from your smartphone/media device. 

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I recommend Airplay 2 for best sound quality.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Hi,

Are there any plans to support Youtube Music on Soundbar 700 in your future releases?

Let us know.

Paav

Highlighted

Hello Paavrao, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am unaware of any plans at the moment, but I will certainly pass on a feedback request to the development team for you. 

If you have any other suggestions, do let me know. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Ok, will return them. Thanks for quick response

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

I wholeheartedly voice my support for including Google play music, as well as Chromecast functionality.  I assume these are able to be easily added via api support, and the fact that the Google assistant is supported without matching Google services is kind of silly to me.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Google play Music

Will Bose 700 ever get Google Play Music? I don't understand why company's will add music streaming  apps but not the ones that most people use. I don't use any of those apps that are currently available and i never will.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

Re: Google play Music

Mee too.  Google Play Music seems like a huge gap in the standard features offered by Google Assistant.

Your products are designed to play music aren't they?