Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Universal Remote 700 will not even light up

My very expensive remote will not work. 

I have tried various methods as of now

(and yes I have replaced those in the remote with new batteries)

1. Pressing the volume down + Left Nav button for 5 seconds. No lights blink at all after this button combination.

2. Trying to re-do the same thing after removing the batteries for 5 minutes. No blinking lights still

3. Tried forgetting the remote in the app and re-pairing through the app. No response Still

4. Tried resetting the soundbar, unplugged the power cable for 5 minutes too. No response. 

I am only making this post because I need a new remote and there is no way or getting in touch with someone to get it without going through all these tedious steps with this online community. As an organization you must know this is a problem and some short of a glitch. I have owned these products for barely a year. This causes me to doubt the quality of Bose products. If there’s a recall or glitch just say so and replace the equipment for fans of the brand. This is all very bothersome and time consuming for the amount of money spent on my entire home theatre set up. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Re: Universal Remote 700 will not even light up

I ve the same problem and now when sometime work, start to work the button right navigation 

Highlighted

Re: Universal Remote 700 will not even light up

Hey all, 

I am so sorry that you are having these issues. It does seem like you are in need of a replacement remote. You can get in touch with our team via our social media channels or by calling us on the number listed at the bottom of our website. All you need to do is select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click contact us.  

Our team would love to help!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!