bayoubose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Universal Remote App Not Working

The Universal Remote section on the Bose Music app is not letting me set anything up. Nothing is shown under the Source section, something is shown under the TV section but doesn't allow me to select and Bose Universal Remote is shown under Advanced section. Totally confused how to get this to work. I have a Samsung 65 inch model 7500.
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: Universal Remote App Not Working

Hi Bayoubose, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty setting up your remote, however I would love to assist further. 

Firstly, I would recommend ensuring that your TV is connected to the Soundbar via HDMI ARC. Can you please confirm what comes up under the TV setting on the remote? To program the remote to control other devices you will need to select TV and then configure the remote with the steps shown inside the App. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
bayoubose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Hello, I'm connected via optical cable. Must I use the HDMI Arc for the universal remote to work?
Highlighted

Hi Bayoubose, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

You don't need to have the Soundbar connected via HDMI for the remote to work. Can you please confirm what comes up under the TV setting on the remote?

To program the remote to control other devices you will need to select TV and then configure the remote with the steps shown inside the App. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
bayoubose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

When I press the TV button on the remote, the music, TV and bluetooth buttons blink one at a time in that order. They eventually stop blinking after about 30 seconds. The remote does light up when I pick it up.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello bayoubose,

Thanks for getting back in touch, have you tried deleting then re-downloading the app then try programming the remote again? I am also curious to know if this is a new system or just a new remote you are trying to set up? Also so I can give the most accurate information, what system do you have?

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
bayoubose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

This is a new system. Purchased soundbar 700, bass module 700 and wireless rear channel speakers a few weeks ago. I'm hooked up to TV with HDMI ARC. I tried uninstalling the Bose Music App and reinstalled with no success. TV model is Samsung UN65JU7500F.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello bayoubose,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting me know. I would like you to try to pair the remote using these steps:

1. Disconnect soundbar 
  2. Re-Connect the Soundbar 
  3. Once the light is no longer flashing push and hold the left arrow and volume down 
  4. Press the circle button on the remote
  5. Open the app, go to Settings>Universal Remote>Adavnce>Pair Remote 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
bayoubose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Making progress. The Bose Universal remote is now showing up in the universal remote section. Now, am I supposed to be able to do anything in the TV or Source subsections in the Universal Remote section?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello bayoubose,

Thanks for going through those steps and getting back to me, so you now want to go through the process of setting the remote up in the app now you can see it. You should just be able to follow the instructions on the app.

If you need anything further assistance please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C