Highlighted
BrianJ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Universal Remote compatability

I just bought a Bose Solo 5 sound bar and am having trouble with the universal remote that came with it. Will the latest Universal Remote work with my Solo 5 ? It would also have to control an Xfinity cable system. BrianJ

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Universal Remote compatability

You probably won't be able to use a different Bose remote to control it.  The Universal part of the Bose remotes is to control other devices (BD, AppleTV etc), but most of them only work with one or two Bose items.

WHere are you running into the issue?  Is it setting up the remote to control your other devices or is it have trouble controlling the Solo?

The common issue is that people think it acts like other universal remotes in that you need to type in different codes until you get the right one for your TV/BD player.  Where with this remote you enter a brand code which has all the codes written into it, but they are still individual.  So after entering the brand code you test it (probably by pressing menu) if the menu doesn't come up you go to the 2nd code by pressing volume up.  Test it and press volume up (for the third code) etc.

Hope that helps

Re: Universal Remote compatability

Hi Brian, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

@Morlock's post is absolutely right (thank you!). I have included a LINK HERE from our website which may assist you in the programming of the remote control. You can find the remote codes you need in the included remote codes booklet from unpackaging the Solo 5. 

If you are still experiencing issues, please let me know and I'll do all I can to get you up and running!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support