Highlighted
sstinni
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Universal remote Soundbar700

Hi, I recently got the Soundbar700 and struggling to get the universal remote work fully with my Sony TV. I have tried re-setting up several times with the Bose Music app, but no luck. Only thing it does turn on/off and volume up/down on the TV. I would appreciate if any solution is provided.

TV model: KDL - 50W800C (ANDROID TV)

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Universal remote Soundbar700

Hi @sstinni,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble connecting your Sony TV to be controlled by your Bose remote.

When you go through the app remote setup, does it ask you to enter the model number for the TV? Or did you manage to complete set up without having to enter it?

Also, are there are physical barriers between your TV and your Soundbar 700? If you were to stand up and move closer to the TV and then test more controls, do you notice they're responding? Or, is it the same buttons that are working?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

sstinni
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Hey Sam, thanks for the reply. Well, the app couldn't finish the setup I had to enter the TV model number. I even tried couple of times removing the remote from the app and then send the code, but each time I had to enter the TV model number. Not really, no barriers in between them and I have tried like within couple of feets away from TV, none of the buttons work expect the ones I have mentioned.

Cheers!!

Hi @sstinni,

Thank you for the update.

Have you been able to connect any other devices to be controlled with the Bose remote such as a cable box/satellite box/DVD player? 

Also, have you ever used a different TV other than your Sony TV with the soundbar?

Warm regards,

Sam F

sstinni
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

No other devices are connected to the remote. I bought it last Saturday and set it up with Sony.

Anyway, if it helps the Sony TV is an Android TV.

Cheers.

Thank you for letting me know @sstinni.

What I'd suggest trying, if possible, is configuring a different device in the same proximity to be used by the Bose remote.

Just to confirm, when you're controlling the Sony TV, do you have the TV source button selected on the Bose remote? This will be in between the music note and the Bluetooth icon.

Warm regards,

Sam F

sstinni
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Yes, the TV source button is selected as in its illuminated blue. I am sorry I don't have any other system that can be configured with Bose remote. Is there any other solution or software/firmware patch available?

Thanks.

Hello Sstinni, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am sorry but whilst we aim to make our remote as adaptable as possible, we cannot guarantee compatibility with every system. To confirm, when it is asking for your TV model, is it accepting the code for your TV or is it not available? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

sstinni
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Well, I don't know for sure whether is it accepting my TV code or not, cause after I put the TV model number, all it says the set up is completed. However, the remote does not work properly as mentioned earlier. Anyway, I certainly understand Bose's inability to support one of the largest TV manufacturer like Sony whom does not even make tons of models like others. If you could provide any solution it would make life much easier. Cheers..    

Hi sstinni,

Thank you for that update.

If the setup process is accepting the model number, and says the setup is completed, it does usually mean there are codes available for your TV and we should be able to control it.

What is worth bearing in mind is the universal remote works by sending a signal to the soundbar, which then passes on the commands to your TV via it's IR blasters. The IR blasters are on the left-hand side of the soundbar, so we would want a line of sight from there to the IR receiver on your TV. Sony has some information on the location of their IR receivers HERE ​​​​that may be helpful.

What can help us test whether the IR signal is being sent, but not received by the TV, is moving the soundbar's location to try and get the direct line of sight we need. If this is not possible, we can also connect IR emitters to the soundbar and positioning those to ensure the signal reaches the TV.

You can contact your local support team for additional assistance with this. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L