Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Universal remote codes

Are there newer or additional codes to control a Comcast box?  There are only two my manual, 01982 ans 02576 and neither work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Re: Universal remote codes

Author Accepted Answer selected by idamman

Hi,

On the back of the subwoofer it says "Cinemate digital home theater speaker system".  [Modorator Edit]

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hello idamman, 

Thank you very much for your message today, I am very sorry that you are having issues with setting up your Universal Remote. 

Can you please confirm to us which product you have?

We would love to do what we can in order to get this resolved for you.

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

I am talking about the universal remote that came with the original Cinemate Digital Home Theater Speaker System.   I can't seem to find any model number or part number on it...even check the battery compartment but there's nothing

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

I am talking about the universal remote that came with the original Cinemate Digital Home Theater Speaker System.   I can't seem to find any model number or part number on it...even checked the battery compartment but there's nothing.  

I'd like to know if there are codes that will allow it to control a Comcast cable box?  The code list supplied with this remote doe not have any Comcast codes listed, and the two codes that I found for the Cinemate GS series II remote...01982 and 02576...do not work with this remote.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hello idamman, 

The Cinemate Digital Home Theatre Speaker System has no new remote codes available for it. 

I would kindly suggest trying all available codes featured in the Cinemate Universal Remote Device Codes book which was included with the system. If there are no codes featured in the book, please take into consideration that the Cinemate system was originally sold from 2005 to 2012, so the remote will not be compatible with all devices that succeeded this release period. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Hello,

Yes, I know the Cinemate was marketed from 2005 -  2012...but so was the Comcast box that I have.  My question stems from the fact that Comcast isn't even listed in the code book that came with my system!  Comcast is listed in a code book for the Gen II system, but those two codes wouldn't work with my remote.  So...I was hoping to find out if there any new code releases that would work with my remote and allow me to use it to control the Comcast box.

Thank you for you help!

Highlighted

Hello Idamman, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

During the life of this product, there was one updated code book released in 2007, but I'm unfortunately not seeing Comcast listed. Can you please confirm the exact make and model of the system just in case it is listed under a different model? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by idamman

Hi,

On the back of the subwoofer it says "Cinemate digital home theater speaker system".  [Modorator Edit]

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello idamman,

Thanks for getting back in touch. After looking into this with the inforamtion you provided, I can confirm that Comcast is not listed in the updated remote codes list for your CineMate system. I am sorry to say that your system's remote will not be able to be paired with Comcast as there is no available code.

I am sorry I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Re: Universal speaker for tvremote codes

can t program my bose with my comcast  remote av3