e25tech@yahoo.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Universal remote connections with Xbox one

The codes for my tv and cable box works great but the Xbox one won’t work.  Looked online and tried a few different codes. Is Xbox and Xbox one the same codes?  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
e25tech@yahoo.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Re: Universal remote connections with Xbox one

The Xbox code in the handbook that comes with the Bose remote works for both 360 and Xbox one.  1. Turn on Xbox and get to main screen so you can move cursor around using your regular controller.

2. On the Universal remote press the game button (top right of controller) and hold for 10 second until all 6 device buttons flash.  The game button will stay lighted.

3. Enter the code and then press the + button on the volume.

4. Press the left or right arrow to see if cursor moves.

5. If nothing happens  then hit the + button again followed by pressing the arrows.  Keep doing this until the cursor finally moves.  

6. Turn the Xbox off using the small  off-button on the right of the big one that turns the speaker on.  Hope this helps because it took me a while to figure it out.  I didn’t find anything online that helped really.

Highlighted

Hi E25tech, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues and would love to assist you further. 

So that we can provide you with the correct information can you please let us know which Home Theater system you have? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Todders
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

SOLVED....Go into Xbox settings/devices and streaming/media remote. Change "App to Launch" to "Microsoft Store". The guide button on the Bose remote should now take you to store and you can navigate to the Xbox home screen from there.