Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Universal remote

Hi I am trying to connect my soundbar 700 universal remote to control other things like my tv, DirecTV box and my Sony 4K player. All I can get it to do is switch the TV (samsung tv) on but even then I can't get the remote to perform any functions. It works ok with the soundbar but I can't pair it with anything. When  I go into the Bose app and select configure sources there is just nothing there.

Very very confused!

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

Re: Universal remote

Hi @Mickknolwes, Thank you for reaching out and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your universal remote and will be more than happy to help you. 

I have included a LINK HERE which will provide all the information you need to program the remote. 

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that didn't help. When I go into the remote settings of the app there are 3 sections.

TV - inside this section it just says "Television" with an option at the bottom to remove the tv.

Configure Sources - in this section there is nothing at all other that a header which says "source buttons" but nothing else there.

Advanced - in this section it just says "Bose Universal Remote" with an option at the bottom to remove the remote.

There is no other guidance on how to add a device to the app or remote.

Highlighted

Hi @Mickknowles

Thank you for coming back to us! This is certainly unusual. Underneath the source buttons header, you should see 'Add a New Device'. 

I would recommend removing the remote in the advanced settings. Then deleting the application and reinstalling it. Once complete, re-pair your remote using the app. 

Let me know how you get on!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

That was the first thing I tried. I removed the remote from the app, then removed the soundbar config then deleted the app entirely then went through the whole thing from scratch but still when I click into sources there is nothing at all there and no way to add one???

Highlighted

How strange. 

Do you have another device with the app installed on it that you can try?

Let me know!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I will try that. Is there somewhere here i can add screen shots to show you what I am seeing?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

So I installed the application on a completely different device and I see exactly the same issue.

Hi @Mickknowles,

You should be able to attach images to your post.

In regards to the issue, do you remember going through the initial setup process for your Soundbar 700 where it would've asked you to configure your remote to control the soundbar?

What you may want to try is the following steps to connect the remote to your soundbar without using the app:

1. Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Internet
  2. On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed
    When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant
  4. On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar
  5. Plug in your router. It may take a couple minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet

Let me know if you make any progress!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I haven't been able to make this work yet but another question is if I connect the soundtrack via HDMI instead of the optical cable i get no sound