Highlighted

Re: Universal remote

That does seem strange! Just to confirm, have you selected HDMI as the output for the sound in your TV settings?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

so I followed the steps. Disconnect my wifi, cleared the pairing memory from the remote and then paired to the speaker with wifi off but when I go into configure sources in the app I still do not see an add button just a blank screen with "edit" at the top right.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I tried to attach a screen shot but there is only an option to add a link not a screenshot or image

Highlighted

This does seem strange, does this occur with any other devices running the app at all?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

the soundbar is the only device I have on the app.

When I select "configure sources" I just get a screen with "source buttons" and "edit" but now way to add a source

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

I have the same issue. The tv and other source selection screens are blank. There are no components to select from.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

I have not been able to get the Universal Remote to change the channels of the cable box.  I can turn the tv and soundbar off and on but I have tried repeatedly to change channels but it just doesn't work.

I have an LG TV and the cable is Spectrum.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I really have no idea. I have done complete uninstall and reinstall,  changing things, resetting network, you name it and I have never been able to to add a single device

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Mickknowles and @Tcc1496 - Are you able to use the below button when responding to a message to include an image? It would be great to visualize what you're seeing on your end to compare. 

For the moment, let's focus on your difficulties with the remote specifically - not the HDMI connection. 

When in the Bose Music app, having selecting Speaker > Settings > Universal Remote - Configure Sources, you should be presented with the following screen. What do you see here? Is this the page where you can only see "Edit" on the top-right? What happens if you tap this button - do you get any further options?

Have you tried removing the remote's association to the soundbar, and then attempting the steps outlined earlier by Sam? Under the "TV" section (accessed via Speaker > Settings > Universal Remote - TV), there will be a red "Remove/Delete TV" button at the bottom of the page. Then, perform the remote reset from Sam. If you're still unable to access the configure sources section, there may be something deeper going on. What devices have you tested using the Bose Music application on?

@cnietfeldt - Are you also unable to access the sources section like the other users in this thread, or have you successfully programed the sources within the Bose Music app and the systems are not responding as intended?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

image1.png

image2.png

  

image0.png

These are the screens I see. The system is connected by an optical cable not the HDMI - As you see in the screens there is nothing visible as you have described.