Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FattyFatcamp
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2021

Unresponsive soundbar 700 only the mic button turns red when pressed.

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

5 REPLIES 5
mamir
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Re: Unresponsive soundbar 700 only the mic button turns red when pressed.

I am experiencing the same!

And the remote isn't paired to the soundbar so I cannot use it to do anything!

Vicky_W

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums. 

I am sorry to hear you are facing issues with your soundbar. I would like to make sure I understand whats happening. Does the soundbar play audio at all? The microphone button on the top just disables the microphone used for the voice assistants. Is this a remote control issue or a soundbar issue? Do you see any LED's on the soundbar when you have issues?The more details I have the better I can help. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SS stereobuff
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2021

• I'm sorry that I didn't respond to the gracious efforts at attempting to help me solve this problem! I really didn't expect it and sadly forgot I even posted. It is not a remote control issue. I ordered the bose universal remote and for a few days only since Christmas I have been able to get it working. I have the bass module aswell. One day I cleared the  Pairing list on my remote After that the remote would not connect to the soundbar anymore it would just flashed 3 times showing not connected. I have been through all trouble shooting steps available on the website more than a dozen times . I get no light bar at all no white or amber lighter and when I press the power button  on the soundbar itself nothing  at all happens. I think it was somehow remotely tampered with because there doesn't seem to be any other explanation. I would hope bose doesn't do that sort of thing.
Vicky_W

@SS stereobuff, we would not change the settings on your system remotely without your permission. This is a strange issue you are having. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your system. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. Or you can book in an exchange on the UK or US website by selecting the option under the 'Support Tab'.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SS stereobuff
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2021

Wondering if you figured out a solution since you seem to have the same problem?