mft
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

Use Sony TV as Bose V35’s center channel, possible?

some Sony TV have a center speaker input allow you to use the TV speaker as the center channel for a surround sound system. More info https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00201071

Will this work for Bose V35? Are Bose jewel cube passive speakers, if yes what’s their impedance? Thanks

5857BC5F-CB25-4E6B-AD20-B954448843C2.pngEF232053-F5A1-4D41-AF9E-554E7C4C0A6A.jpeg669EACC4-4B9F-4EAC-BCCF-5DDF795FAE9C.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Use Sony TV as Bose V35’s center channel, possible?

Author Accepted Answer selected by mft

@mft My apologies for the misunderstanding! Regrettably, this is still not something that would be achievable. Only the specified speakers can be used to complete the system. I hope this clears things up.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@mft wrote:

some Sony TV have a center speaker input allow you to use the TV speaker as the center channel for a surround sound system. More info https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00201071

Will this work for Bose V35? Are Bose jewel cube passive speakers, if yes what’s their impedance? Thanks

The Bose subwoofer you listed there is unusual as it is not only a powered subwoofer (as most are on the market) but it also includes two unique features. It has an amplifier built-in for the passive speakers (typically found in a receiver) & the subwoofer acts as the midrange driver for the tiny bose speakers (it is also EQ'd to get the best sound out of them).

You can hear it yourself. Put some pillows in front of the portholes on the subwoofer and you will notice that the sound quality of the speakers become rather tinny and lose a lot of their sound quality. If the Bose speakers could work with other receivers or your TV (I'm not sure they even can), you wouldn't want them to as they would sound pretty bad.

So no, you should not (and most likely cannot) do this.

While this isn't the answer I'm guessing you wanted, I hope this at least answers your question 🙂

Charlotte_G

Hey @mft, welcome to the Bose Community!

It will not be possible to use the speakers without the V35 control console present. I am sorry if this may be disapoointing. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Charlotte_G wrote:

I am sorry if this may be disapoointing. 

Sometimes the little things in life come from enjoying minor typos lol

mft
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

No, you guys don’t get my question, I’m replacing the Bose center speaker with my Sony TV.

These Sony oled TV itself can function as a passive center speaker when connect to a generic AV receiver.

Will this works for V35? I guess the easier way to ask is, I’m still using the V35 console and subwoofer. Can I replace one of the jewel box speaker with a generic passive speaker.

Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by mft

@mft My apologies for the misunderstanding! Regrettably, this is still not something that would be achievable. Only the specified speakers can be used to complete the system. I hope this clears things up.

View solution in original post

NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@mft wrote:

No, you guys don’t get my question, I’m replacing the Bose center speaker with my Sony TV.

These Sony oled TV itself can function as a passive center speaker when connect to a generic AV receiver.

Will this works for V35? I guess the easier way to ask is, I’m still using the V35 console and subwoofer. Can I replace one of the jewel box speaker with a generic passive speaker.

No! Your TV is not designed to work with a Bose subwoofer. Even if it could work, the sound quality issues I mentioned before would still be there.