Highlighted
RonG
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

User manual and registration

I cannot register speakers as I do not have the serial number of speakers that are mounted in a 12-foot high ceiling.  New home built last year.  We received the installation manual for Bose Virtually 791 series II and 591 in-ceiling speakers but no user manual.  There are pairs of speakers mounted in 3 separate areas of the home.

1.  Can someone point me to a user manual if one exists?   

2.  Is there a way to register without the serial number as I am not looking forward to finding a ladder that will allow me to reach the 12 foot ceiling.

Ron

3 REPLIES 3

Re: User manual and registration

Hi RonG, 

Thanks for reaching out. I will happily assist you with this. 

There is only one manual available for your system. Please select this link to view the user manual. 

As for registering your products, the serial number is required in order to proceed with this. The serial number label is located on the back of each speaker. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

RonG
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

User manual and registration

Wouldn’t each speaker have a separate and distinct serial number?  Obtaining six serial

numbers would require removing six speakers to examine the back to record the serial number from 12-foot ceilings.  I don't believe I'll do this.  So registration will not occur.  I wish I had more information but regarding the speakers but that occurred before we became the purchaser.

Are these speakers capable of WiFi?  If not by themselves maybe through another device?

I thought a user manual might provide answers to these questions is why I posted the original message.

Re: User manual and registration

Hi Ron,

It would usually be enough to have one serial number per pair of speakers for registration. It is not vital that you do register your products, but it does mean we would have a record of your serial numbers, should you require any support for your speakers.

As these speakers are passive, you may be able to connect them to Wi-Fi but this would depend on the amplifier you are using with the speakers.

If you wanted a Bose amplifier with Wi-Fi capabilities built-in, you can use the SA-5 amplifier for this.

If you have another brand of amplifier, you may be able to make it Wi-Fi compatible using a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter connected to the amplifier.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L