Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Using Fire TV 4K input to Samsung tv to Bose CineMate 130 for sound

I have a 2015 Samsung 9000 series curve screen tv. At that time, I purchased a Bose CineMate 130 sound system. We have been streaming tv through a WOW WAY 200 mb internet connection using an older FireTV box that apparently was not 4K. It works, but we get freezes of the streaming while watching tv. 
I had purchased FireTV WiFi 4K units for a couple of other locations in our home and decided to swap one for the older FireTV unit. Plugging the FireTV WiFi 4K into the same slot on the Bose CineMate 130 gave the no signal message.  That wasn’t suppose to happen??

so I plugged the FireTV WiFi 4K directly into the tv box (the Samsung has a remote silver box for all sources to connect to) and it worked. And while watching tv last night, I don’t recall the screen freezing any. 
My problem is I only get sound from the TVs internal speakers. 
I have hooked up an optical cable from tv to Bose, made change on speaker destination by choosing audio out/optical on TV, and choose Auto/TV on Set Optical Input on the Bose.  Still no volume on the Bose. 
does anyone have a solution?  I tried Bose support, but got a message that they were temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19. 
thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Using Fire TV 4K input to Samsung tv to Bose CineMate 130 for sound

Hi @Hwbritt,

That seems quite odd! It sounds as if you've connected using the correct equipment - have you checked the Cinemate 130 source is set to TV on the remote?

Alternatively, it may be worth performing a reset on the console by doing the following:

1. Turn the system off
  2. Unplug the control console from the power outlet
  3. Unplug the speaker output from the control console
  4. Wait two minutes
  5. Reconnect the speaker output to the control console
  6. Reconnect the control console power cord

Let me know what you find!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.