PyePT
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

Using old lifestyle 38 speakers wires for lifestyle 650?

I have my old lifestyle 38 that got hit by lightening. I do not or cannot re-run the speaker wires Bc it was done when house was built. I purchased a new lifestyle 650, so my question is can I use speaker wires from the lifestyle 38? And if so how do I connect them to the new console/system without re-running new Speaker wires?  Last question is can I still use the rear speakers with the speaker wire Bc I do not have the ability to plug them into a power source in order to use them wirelessly?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Using old lifestyle 38 speakers wires for lifestyle 650?

I'm pretty sure you could do that, but it would require some cutting and splicing of your speaker wires.  You need to make sure you don't reverse the +/- wires going from the console to each speaker.  Another option would be to have an electrician install electrical outlets near the rear surround speakers.  That's what I would do.

PyePT
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

Thank you. I’ll splice the wires.  Regarding installing outlets for rear, it’s impossible the way my house is designed.  But from what I’ve read i can still hard wire the wireless speakers but would have to tell system on set up to not use as wireless?

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It's never impossible.  Sometimes, you just have to get creative.  If you can't put them in the wall, maybe in the floor or attic and run wire through wall down to speakers, etc.  I'm not familiar with the workings of the Bose Lifestyle 650.

https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/global/products/speakers/ls650...