Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

V25 4k

Hi, i have my bose lifestyle V25 connected to my Samsung tv via a sky Q box, is there a way of bypassing so i get bose sound but 4k picture?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: V25 4k

Hello wayne4069, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community.

The best solution would be to have the TV connected to the V25 with an optical cable connected to the "optical TV audio in."

To connect audio from your TV:

1. On the system console, press the Setup button.
    Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected
  2. Using the remote control, scroll down to TV setup, then press the OK button
  3. Scroll down to Add TV audio, then press the OK button
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Just want to tag in here - I'm considering buying the Lifestyle v25 from somebody locally and I want to make sure of this function before I purchase.

We currently have a Samsung 5.1 system with optical out from Xbox One X going in to the Samsung receiver. All the media we consume is on the Xbox, so the TV is not connected to the sound system. Only video in from the xbox.

If we get the lifestyle v25 system can we do the same thing and go optical xbox-sound and not have any video input to the Bose receiver? I had heard a rumor it needed to have video in/out to work but I want to confirm you can use the system 100% for audio and with no video connections at all.

Hi there @wayne4069, Thank you for reaching out and welcome! 

That's a great question! You can absolutely connect in that way. However, you may need to initially connect a video source to make sure you have the correct menu options selected as mentioned above. But after the initial set up there will be no need to have a video input. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Thanks for the comments, i had a Sky engineer round to sort the Q box out and i asked him the question, he said its because my Q box is connected to the lifestyle then thats connected to the tv, so the Bose isnt ready to transport the 4k, i understand having the optical cable in the tv for the sound but may have to plug the Q box directly into the tv which will then lose the remote functions via the bose? 

Highlighted

Thanks for joining the discussion, Wayne4069. 

The engineer was correct, the Bose system is not 4K compatible.  

The V25 system has built-in IR emitters, so it doesn't matter where the device is connected, providing the remote control for it is IR-based.  Please note, the remote for the Bose system is RF-based, but it can control the emitters from the front of the console to send out the commands. The console will need to be able to transmit the command so having the console and the Q box in the same area would be ideal.

Please find below instructions for programming the remote to control other devices. 

1. Power on your system
  2. On the system console, press the Setup button
    Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected.
  3. On the remote control, scroll down to select [Source] setup, then press the OK button
  4. Select a programming mode:
    • If you have the remote that came with the device you are trying to control, scroll to Set up the remote, then press the OK button
    • If you do not have the remote that came with the device you are trying to control, scroll to Manual remote code entry, then press the OK button
      (Note: When prompted, a brand and code must be selected)
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete programming.

Tip: You can control your TV by pointing the remote control at it; however, your system console controls other devices (i.e. cable box or DVD player). If you have difficultly controlling a device, connect an IR emitter. A maximum of five emitters can be used with your system (the original emitter plus up to two chained accessory emitters).

1. Plug in the emitter to the IR jack on the system console
  2. Place the flat side of the IR emitter on or near the remote sensor of the device(s) to be controlled
    Tip: The remote sensor on the device is often a small translucent plastic on the front of the device

The "TV Power" button will always turn the TV on or off, regardless of the active source. However, when the TV source is selected the Bose remote sends additional IR commands to the TV. If the correct remote code has been programmed, pressing buttons on the Bose remote will control the native aspects of the TV. This includes channel up/down, TV input, TV Power, Image View (Changes TV aspect ratio) and menu

Note: IR commands for the TV will only come from the remote. The IR emitter will not broadcast IR commands for TV control.

I hope this helps!