Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonThynne
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2021

V35 Acoustimass Sub

I was given a Bose V35 theatre system with the controller, 5 Jewel Cube speakers, remote and what appears to be all the necessary cables and manuals but no subwoofer. I see in the manual that the speakers all connect to the sub so I need to find a compatible sub to make the system work. I really like the Bose systems, and have other equipment so would like to use this just for simple audio from a cable receiver etc.

I have looked online for a Acoustimass sub for a V35 system and there are not very many out there, and the ones that are listed do not all have the RCA speaker jacks I would require, and some appear to be from a different system like the PS28 III and the Acoustimass 9 which have the correct RCA jacks.

My question is, what are the model numbers of a sub that would work with the V35 controller and the Jewel Cube speakers from the V35 system? I will likely be buying from EBay and want to be sure what I purchase is the correct model.

Any advice is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: V35 Acoustimass Sub

@RonThynne wrote:

I was given a Bose V35 theatre system with the controller, 5 Jewel Cube speakers, remote and what appears to be all the necessary cables and manuals but no subwoofer. I see in the manual that the speakers all connect to the sub so I need to find a compatible sub to make the system work. I really like the Bose systems, and have other equipment so would like to use this just for simple audio from a cable receiver etc.

I have looked online for a Acoustimass sub for a V35 system and there are not very many out there, and the ones that are listed do not all have the RCA speaker jacks I would require, and some appear to be from a different system like the PS28 III and the Acoustimass 9 which have the correct RCA jacks.

My question is, what are the model numbers of a sub that would work with the V35 controller and the Jewel Cube speakers from the V35 system? I will likely be buying from EBay and want to be sure what I purchase is the correct model.

Any advice is appreciated.

I go over this subject in this post.

You will need four things:

1. One of the 5 models of LSPS III subwoofers I listed there.
    1. Make sure you only get one of those subwoofers listed there as all others will be incompatible.
    2. Then update your system, but only after you can connect your subwoofer.
  2. The LSPS III subwoofer to receiver cable.
  3. AdaptIQ headset to program in the EQ for your room & speakers
  4. A power cable for the subwoofer.

If it helps, I even made a guide to make sure that your AV35 receiver gets the best sound possible and even how to do this with 4K sources.

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know what you end up getting 🙂

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Another approach would be to scrap or sell the Bose console and use the Bose as a speaker system with a 3rd party receiver.  You would need a Bose Acoustimass module with output for 3, 4, or 5 cube speakers.  You would run speaker cables from your receiver speaker outs to the subwoofer speaker in's.  This would require a Bose Acoustimass module that had inputs for each speaker, not a single input for a console.

For instance, an Acoustimass module for a Bose Acoustimass 7 has inputs and outputs for 3 cube or double cube speakers.  An Acoustimass module for a Bose Acoustimass 5 has inputs and outputs for 2 cube or double cube speakers.  I made such a system using an Onkyo receiver and two Acoustimass modules, one each from an Acoustimass 7 and 5.  I even added a Klipsch subwoofer plugged directly into the Onkyo receiver.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Xyz987 wrote:

Another approach would be to scrap or sell the Bose console and use the Bose as a speaker system with a 3rd party receiver.  You would need a Bose Acoustimass module with output for 3, 4, or 5 cube speakers.  You would run speaker cables from your receiver speaker outs to the subwoofer speaker in's.  This would require a Bose Acoustimass module that had inputs for each speaker, not a single input for a console.

For instance, an Acoustimass module for a Bose Acoustimass 7 has inputs and outputs for 3 cube or double cube speakers.  An Acoustimass module for a Bose Acoustimass 5 has inputs and outputs for 2 cube or double cube speakers.  I made such a system using an Onkyo receiver and two Acoustimass modules, one each from an Acoustimass 7 and 5.  I even added a Klipsch subwoofer plugged directly into the Onkyo receiver.

That is indeed an option, though it does have the drawback of requiring 3 subwoofers on the ground, two passive and one active.

I for one like the sound of the Jewel Cube speakers, but if that was not an option I would go for an Acoustimass 10 or 15 as I would at least only have a single active subwoofer on the ground. Though those two subwoofers are a lot larger than the lifestyle subwoofers I mentioned earlier.

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It's a non-issue unless you have it in a very small room.  I had a Bose Acoustimass module in a TV cabinet below the TV and a second one across the room behind a side table that was next to the couch.  The Klipsch was in the front corner of the room.  It's all a matter of what you can find, how much you want to spend, etc.  

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Xyz987 wrote:

It's a non-issue unless you have it in a very small room.  I had a Bose Acoustimass module in a TV cabinet below the TV and a second one across the room behind a side table that was next to the couch.  The Klipsch was in the front corner of the room.  It's all a matter of what you can find, how much you want to spend, etc.  

True, the size of the room, items you can hide them behind, and even the wiring would all be a factor. Though even in a decently sized room it can be an issue if you have a partner who already isn't a fan of having rear speakers and a single subwoofer on the ground, let alone multiple subwoofers lol

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

My wife wanted no speakers.  She hated the 5 double cubes on stands.  She was happy when I sold them and came home with a Bose Soundtouch 300.  Then, I sneaked in a Bose Acoustimass 300 and a pair of Virtually Invisible rear surround speakers.  She was not thrilled after she noticed them.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Xyz987 wrote:

My wife wanted no speakers.  She hated the 5 double cubes on stands.  She was happy when I sold them and came home with a Bose Soundtouch 300.  Then, I sneaked in a Bose Acoustimass 300 and a pair of Virtually Invisible rear surround speakers.  She was not thrilled after she noticed them.

😆