Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

V35 Audio Connection Issues

I am trying to reconnect the surround sound system to my TV using a Bose speaker wire adapter kit and Have followed the manual exactly but still can’t get audio. But there is 6 plug ins for the adapter and only 5 connectors for my system. Help would be greatly appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: V35 Audio Connection Issues

Hello CaitM,

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues setting up your system. I'd be happy to help. 

To begin, can you please provide some photographs of the adapter kit and any relevant parts that will give me a better insight to your specific setup?

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

IMG_0789[28991].JPG

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

20200221_123303[28995].JPG

Highlighted

Hi CaitM,

Thank you for the update and pictures.

The difference in the number of plugs is nothing to worry about, the in-wall wiring kit is designed to be compatible with a fair few systems and some of them do require the extra connection.

When trying to play through the system, the console will send the audio out to the Acoustimass bass module, which then connects to the other speakers. When playing sound do you get any sound from the bass module or no sound at all? If the bass module is not playing either, you will likely find the issue is not with the wiring to the other speakers but elsewhere in the setup.

What sources have you tried playing audio from so far?

I look forward to hearing more from you so we can get to the bottom of this together!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.